Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

DIY Flowers

Hi ladies,
I would like to do know of anyones experience with buying flowers online from fiftyflowers.com or sam's club.  I heard there is some kind of Market in St. Paul where you can buy your own fresh flowers as well.  Where is that? how was it? I just can't imagine paying 1200-1500 for flowers for 1 day as much as I want to :)

Re: DIY Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are thinking about the St Paul Farmers Market, it is on the corner of 4th Street East and Wall Street in Downtown St Paul every Saturday and Sunday through October (?).  I think it starts at 7 or 8ish and goes until around 1:30ish on Saturdays and 12:30ish on Sundays (well, thats when people start packing up, anyways).

I bought my flowers there in May.  If I hadn't I probably would have ordered through fiftyflowers.com, but since I haven't heard of anyone with experience through them I felt a little nervous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from Sam's Club and Bachmans. There are full reviews in my bio. I really liked Sam's Club and it was no hassle since they offer free shipping to your door. I have heard a lot of good things about fiftyflowers but they are a little more expensive. They do offer more of a variety than Sam's Club though.

As for the Farmer's Market flowers, I tried them out a few times before the wedding and the flowers didn't last very long and only about 60% or so of them were "perfect." the others were bruised or wilting so I personally didn't like them. But that was at the Mpls one, maybe the St. Paul one is completely different.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I was looking into ordering flowers online, I was planning on ordering through fiftyflowers, but my florist said he would give the the flowers for the centerpieces at the wholesale price, then we decided to let him do the labor, but he hardly charges for labor. $590 for 6 bouquets, toss bouquet, 14 corsages, 13 bouts, memory flowers, mother's roses, altar flowers, and 20 centerpieces. It wasn't worth it to go online.

• Options
    VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Laura, that sounds like a great price.  Would you mind sharing who your florist is?
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After TONS of research, we will be getting ours at Sams. Their website is the easiest to use and they have both great prices and reviews. FI works for Bachmans and we would have used them, but even with his discount they are more $ than everyone else. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    suzie66suzie66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laura,
    Who was your florist? That is a good price!! Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who did you go with to get these flowers. Your florist charged you a good deal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious who you used for flowers, too, Laura!  We got a similar quote from Molly at Petals and Sprigs and Twigs, and it was about 1/3 everyone else we talked to about flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards