September 2013 Weddings
Options

What are you serving?

So, since our wedding is in Sept. I am wondering what kind of food everyone is serving?
I posted on the ettiquete board about my food, BBQ, bc my dear grandma is being a stick in the mud about everything... She doesnt like the idea of BBQ but that is what we will be eating.

So I want to know what everyone else will be serving!

Re: What are you serving?

• Options
    Haven't done our menu yet.  Why doesn't she like the idea of BBQ? It's your day, and if that's what you want to serve, go for it!
  • Options
    She thinks its to Messy. I am going to have all the BBQ sauce on the side and since I dont eat the sauce I figure it wont really be that messy... she just doesnt want ANYTHING I want.. Because she has more "experience" but I want MY wedding not the "traditional" wedding... any thats a whole other rant :-)
  • Options
    We're doing traditional "wedding food". We haven't had our tasting very either, but will probably go with a duet plate with chicken and a filet. Not my cup of tea, but FI is insisting. Our "wow" will be in the desserts, and our really awesome meal is at the rehersal dinner -- sorry, wedding guests. :-P
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I responded to your etiquette board thread, but we are doing pulled pork BBQ, fried chicken, vegetable baked ziti, baked beans, roasted potatoes, mac n cheese, cornbread rolls and salad. But we are also doing a vintage/rustic theme with our reception in a restored barn and having a bluegrass band play. BBQ just fits.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_what-are-you-serving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:59e107e4-f9ce-45db-b159-52d8c275710aPost:0c45c7e8-8415-4ceb-b6ae-e199c45b067d">Re:What are you serving?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I responded to your etiquette board thread, but we are doing pulled pork BBQ, fried chicken, vegetable baked ziti, baked beans, roasted potatoes, mac n cheese, cornbread rolls and salad. But we are also doing a vintage/rustic theme with our reception in a restored barn and having a bluegrass band play. BBQ just fits.
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

That sounds yummy Goofy!  We are having a traditional reception with food like mpickl spoke of.  We will be having very good hot appetizers though during the cocktail hour and thinking of having a crepes bar.  We haven't done the tasting so we won't confirm until FI's parents come over from England to have the tasting with us in a few months.  But we know it will be traditional. 
  • Options
    I forgot the appetizers. We're having a huge fruit and veggie display and one hot appetizer to be determined too.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Appetizers: fruit and cheese displays, crab stuffed mushrooms, mozzerella/tomato/basil skewers Dinner: stations like buffet style with beef tenderloin, bbq pulled pork to makemjni sandwiches, teriyaki chicken skewers, grilled veggies, mashed potato bar, shrimp, and crab dip. I cant wait!
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I dont think theres anything wrong with bbq though! Its very common around here but i dont eat pork or much meat in general so.... i had to have other stuff
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For 'mocktail hour' (ceremony and reception at church = no alcohol):
    - Mocktail bar
    - Cheese platter
    - Fruit bowl
    - Crudite platter
    - Hummus and pita

Dinner is:
    - Penne with marinara
    - Italian sausages
    - Meatballs
    - Salad bar
    - Cheese and regular garlic bread

Dessert:
    - 4-6 flavors of cupcakes (regular and minis)
    - 2-tier cutting cake
    - "Groom's cake" - will be a 10" across Peanut Butter Cup!
    and a Candy Buffet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• Options
    I haven't had dinner yet. We are in intermission at the symphony and I am STARVING. This thread hasn't helped. LOL!
  • Options
    Your grandmother sounds like my mom. It's your day, so unless she is footing the bill, you don't have to accommodate her. When it comes to weddings, everyone has an opinion, but on that day, everything will just be you, and it works :) we are doing a sit down meal. Our food tasting is next weekend. We will choose a chicken and probably prime rib for FI, but we considered nixing the split menu because it cost more - so we shall see
  • Options
    MMMMM I love bbq. I would be so psyched to get good bbq at a wedding! 

We are doing traditional food as well, caprese salad (tomato, basil, mozzarella, and balsamic vinegarette) maybe a soup.  Choice of stuffed chicken breast, filet mignon, or spinach ravioli, with wedding cake for dessert.

And passed appetizers but we haven't decided on them yet.
  • Options
    We are doing BBQ too! Pork, salmon and bbq chicken, with like 4 sides and bread.
  • Options
    We're probably doing a steak and a fish.  My dad is paying for the food and he hates chicken at weddings so that's his "string".  I don't like chicken myself personally, so I don't really care.  Our tasting is in March so we'll have a definite then.
  • Options
    I am having a pasta bar! Guests will be able to pick between two different types of pasta, meat and an assortment of veggies. My FI and I love pasta so I'm super excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going a pig to make bbq. We will also have corn, string beans, hush puppies , potato salad and baked beans. So far that is all I have decided.

We are doing all the cooking ourselves and it will pretty much just be the tables and everyone serve themselves. With this being said I'd like to have some foods out for when everyone arrives at the reception location as we will still be back at the church doing photos. What foods could I serve that wouldn't be to hard to prepare ?
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Passed during Cocktail hour. Sorry its in Caps, I am copying it from the proposal menu.
    APPLEWOOD BACON WRAPPED LIONS PAW SCALLOPS + SWEET CHILI REDUCTION
    MOROCCAN LAMB LOLLIPOPS + CHERMOULA GLAZE
    ISLAND SHRIMP CANAPES + CORN BREAD CROUTON & CANDIED PINEAPPLE
    KAFFIR LIME & ANCHO CHILI MARINATED CHICKEN BROCHETTES

Plated Salad Course
    BABY ARUGULA SALAD + TOY BOX TOMATOES & LOCAL GOAT CHEESE. HOUSE VINAIGRETTE

Entree Course

PAN SEARED CHILEAN SEABASS W/ BROWN BUTTER REDUCTION W/ TUSCAN RISOTTO
    USDA PRIME FILET MIGNON W/ HOLLANDAISE W/ ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES
    BOTH SERVED WITH GARLICKY HARICOT VERT

Dessert
    A cake topper with assorted Shot glass dessert options.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MayboneMaybone member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    Our food is considered "plated family style". Everyone gets a plate of food, but can order seconds or thirds... 

The menu consists of:
    A soup (deciding between Cream of Chicken and Tomato Bisque)

Salad: Mixed Field of Greens-Romaine Lettuce and Mesculin Mixed with Wedge of Tomato, Red Onion, Roasted Walnuts, Dressed with a Balsamic Vinaigrette

Entree: Broiled Chicken Breast, Roast Sirloin of Beef, Rigatoni with Italian Sausage

We also get to pick a potato and a vegetable (probably mashed and green beans).

The package also comes with a  dessert.

I think BBQ sounds delicious!  So does everyones food!  Didn't I just eat enough party food to put myself to shame?!

EDIT: I forgot to add that we are probably going to put out appetizers towards the end of the night (mini burgers, pizzas, quesadillas).  That way everyone starts eating again, instead of drinking. I always get munchie late at night anyway!
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are actually doing BBQ for our rehearsal dinner since its at a rustic lodge and my FI really wanted BBQ somewhere that wedding weekend. We are doing a traditional menu for the wedding of:
    Appetizers: vegetable platter, fruit platter, cheese and crackers, and spinach dip
    Salad: spinach with roasted almonds, blue cheese, strawberries, raspberry vinag.
    Dinner: chef carved prime rib, alfredo/pesto lasagna, veggies, mashed potatoes, roasted red skins
  • Options
    We haven't done our tasting yet, but given our venue and choices, I am fairly certain that we are doing a filet and chicken breast duet option. As much as I would love to give entree choice selections, our venue charges us for the most expensive entree option no matter what the guests order. So we are just going to go with a duet option to avoid paying filet prices for chicken and fish. Our exception will be to do a vegan entree selection (FI's brother is vegan) in lieu of a vegetarian option.

• Options
    I think FI and I lucked out because we can have up to four dinner options for the wedding.  He insists on a strip steak option, their 5 chicken dishes sound delish, plus the vegetarian option is a must because my one BM is a vegetarian along with her boyfriend.  I'm not sure how we'll decide.  Damn, now I'm hungry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PASTA!!!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_what-are-you-serving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:59e107e4-f9ce-45db-b159-52d8c275710aPost:4d6091f3-8270-44ef-a1d1-7432492b7ee6">Re: What are you serving?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a pasta bar! Guests will be able to pick between two different types of pasta, meat and an assortment of veggies. My FI and I love pasta so I'm super excited.
    Posted by jhill7389[/QUOTE]

Us too! We are doing a meat sauce, pesto, and some kind of eggplant and roasted red pepper or something (this lady is making it and i hear its good). My FI is half purto rican so we are also having a friend make rice and bean and her pork mmm mmm as well as a small carving station I guess I will need some veggies in there huh??!!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Appetizers: 
    -Veggie Trays
    -Fruit Trays
    -Cheese & Crackers
    -Deli Spirals
    -Pumpkin Pie Dip w/ Crackers

Entrees:
    -Parmesan Chicken Breasts
    -Hawaiian Baked Ham
    -Swiss steak in brown gravy
    -Westside Kielbasa w/ Applekraut (yes I am polish!) Smile

Sides:
    -Parsley Buttered Redskin Potatoes
    -Vegetable Medley
    -Calico Corn
    -Garden Tossed Salad
    Dinner Rolls and Breads with Butter

For the Kids: (In addition to the items above)
    -Homemade Mac & Cheese
    -Mini Franks

Dessert:
    -Wedding Cake (3 flavors)
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Silly question..... what are your thoughts on offering Pork, Beef, and a vegatable risoto? Is it ok not to offer chicken as the safe option?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards