Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rustic Wedding Venue South Suburbs? Help!

I'm looking for a rustic wedding venue in the southern suburbs of Chicago. Think barn, rustic lodge, historical building, etc. I would like to have an outdoor ceremony on-site as well. I've checked out a couple of places, but haven't found anything that fits. I've lived in the area for about 2 years, but I know I'm not familiar with all of my options. On-site catering and rentals (tables, chairs, linens, flatware, etc.) would make my life a lot easier, but are not requirements.

The fiancé's family and friends all live in the Chicago area, but most of mine live in Southern Indiana (already a 5-6 hour drive), so I'd prefer to stick with southern suburbs or even Northwest Indiana.

Also, there is somewhat of a budget (hoping for $50-$60/pp).
I'd love to hear your opinions!

Re: Rustic Wedding Venue South Suburbs? Help!

• Options
    This isn't south suburb, bur my brother just got married at the Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake and it was wonderful!  You are able to bring in your own caterer and liquor so it ends up being pretty reasonable!  Just an idea!

Byron Colby Barn

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try CD&ME in Frankfort. The have an outdoor ceremony setting, a Big Tent and Barn for a reception
  • Options
    ltleenltleen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You just decribed my venue. The Public Landing Restaurant (and Banquet Center) in Lockport, IL. You have to check this place out. This is totally going to sound like an ad, but I love my venue!!

The restaurant is situated within the historic Gaylord Building in downtown Lockport, along the canal. The building and grounds are beautiful, and they can do outdoor ceremonies on the lawn outside the building. They have a loft space in the 2nd floor of the restaurant for the reception, and they can accomodate up to like 150 people. It has beautiful stone walls and wood beans (so rustic)! The price is also awesome for the quality of the food and all that they provide. You could pay less than $50 pp for open bar and a family style meal with 2 or 3 options. Plated meals are available, too. And they include white table lines and flatware and all of that stuff. They can also offer additional linen upgrades and whatnot.

Here is their website: www.publiclandingrestaurant.com

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks so much, guys!! @elliemonster, the Byron Colby Barn is beautiful, just a little too far north considering many of my guests are already traveling so far. But great suggestion, thank you! @marisa, I've looked into CD&ME and it's perfect, except for the price ($70pp and that doesn't even include food!). I'm hoping our budget ($15,000 max total) isn't unrealistic for this area. I know where I grew up in southern Indiana, it would get us a fairly extravagant event. @ltleen, I can't believe I haven't heard of Public Landing!! It's just about perfect for what I need! I'll be contacting them ASAP. My only concern is capacity, since our numbers are 200 plus..... You guys rock! Keep the suggestions coming!
  • Options
    jymdrwjymdrw member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Try the Four River Environmental Education Center in Channahon IL! Sooo cheap and BEAUTIFUL!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    July 2013 Knotties March Siggy Challenge - Accessories!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_rustic-wedding-venue-south-suburbs-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:a1c0d8c8-1f64-46aa-bc9b-fea2c8de7a63Post:45d72f87-f458-419e-b07d-01bb4e810f42">Re: Rustic Wedding Venue South Suburbs? Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try the Four River Environmental Education Center in Channahon IL! Sooo cheap and BEAUTIFUL!
    Posted by jymdrw[/QUOTE]

<div>Four Rivers is amazing. I wanted to get married there, but the max capacity is 150, if I recall correctly.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Instead, we were referred to the Barber and Oberwortmann Horticultural Center in Joliet.  It has pretty gardens, a greenhouse, and a nice banquet facility (with a great price).  It's located in Joliet (closer to New Lenox).  I think that might be a bit too far west for you, OP, but it might be worth checking into.  Sadly, their website sucks, so you have to look at pics through their caterer (Cutting Edge Catering).  If you ignore some of the horrible color/decor choices from past weddings, it really is a nice space.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would check out County Line Orchard  in Portage, IN if you are looking for a Barn feel. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards