New Jersey - South

Outdoor ceremony and reception for 200 plus people HELP! Very limited budget

Can anyone suggest a venue or area in South Jersey that would accomidate 200 or a little over 200 people for an outdoor wedding ceremony and outdoor wedding reception.
Our budget for the whole wedding (including EVERYTHING)  is $20,000.
I am having a very hard time finding a place to have our wedding.  
We are less then 10 months from the date we would like and I'm freaking out!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Most places we have looked do not accomidate 200 people or if they do they are charging around $4000 just to rent the area and that amount does not include food, tents tables, chairs, etc.
PLEASE HELP!  LOOSING MY MIND!!!  :)

Re: Outdoor ceremony and reception for 200 plus people HELP! Very limited budget

• First, calm down and take a deep breath!  You have 10 months, which is actually a lot of time.

First, try Lakeside Manor in Gibbsboro.  It is basically all outside.  They have a tent already set up, so you wouldn't have to pay for tent rental, etc. 

Have you looked into any of the wineries?  Like Valenzano or Renault?  I think they may be able to accomodate having both the reception and ceremony outside (not sure on this though).  Also, I know that Valleybrook has an outdoor patio that could be used for cocktail hour.  I am sure they could accomodate an outdoor ceremony then outdoor cocktail hour.  I would also check with some other country clubs/golf courses in the area to see if they could accomodate both events outside. Some cc I can think of are: Tavistock, Trump National - Philadelphia (probably out of budget), Riverton, and Wedgewood.

Are you 100% set on having both events outside?  It would probably be much easier to find a venue that would allow for the ceremony outside, but the reception inside. 

One thing you and your FI should do right now, is finalize your guest list.  You may need to edit your list down to be able to afford everything you want.  Also, cut where you can.  Don't do favors, create non-floral centerpieces, buy as much as you can on sale (I got my dress during a trunk show - so it was 20% off).

Good luck!  Come back with more questions! 
  • You could try this place near the paint works in Voorhees I forget what its called but it is right on a lake so pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards