June 2013 Weddings
Options

Save The Dates

Who is sending out Save The Dates?

I'm debating if I am going to or not. We have alot of family that isn't SUPER out of town (Most are between 30 Minutes to 2 hours away from the venue) and alot of the 30 minute people will stil want to stay in a hotel so they don't have to drink and drive.

It's something I didn't think about doing but lately has me wondering if I should do it. It'll be a nice 'heads up' this is the day we're getting married since there is a few weddings in my family next year.

If you are sending them, when do you plan on mailing them?

June '13 - Cake!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25

Re: Save The Dates

• Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    FI and I have actually already started to send some out. We order them shortly after getting engaged and have been leaking them out slowly ever since. ALL of our guests are OOT, about 95% are from out of state (like we're getting married in CNY and they're driving up from Biloxi, the most southern tip of Mississippi, with an entire army of small children) and one is from Australia. So we're trying to give people a big heads up. Also, our hotel block expires seven weeks before our actually wedding (that's what happens when you marry in a vacation town with a college reunion scheduled the same weekend) so we're stressing heavily that people reserve rooms as soon as that option becomes available on July 1st of this year. We've had a lot of family already ask when they can start reserving rooms. Our intention was the more time the better. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have people coming from anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours away. We're definitely doing save the dates but we probably won't send them out until September-ish. I haven't looked into hotels yet either but I feel like I should get on that soon. But we're also not getting married in a particularly busy area and there are a few hotels around that we'll do shuttles to and from the venue.
  • Options
    We are definitely doing Save the Dates, and will probably send them out sometime in late fall/early winter. We are not doing a hotel block though, most of our family and friends are from the area, and those who are not will be staying at either our place or my parent's house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing save the dates. Our guests are coming from all over the place, and we want to be able to give them as much time as possible to plan. We'll probably send the ones out for those who have the furthest to travel first (pretty much anyone flying in), and then the remainder will go out at the beginning of November, after my sister's wedding.
  • Options
    We are definitely doing STD's just because of how busy June can be with other weddings, graduations, vacations, etc. I want to give all the guests (not just out of towners) plenty of notice without having to send invitations out super early. I think we're going to start sending them out slowly over the summer. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have a lot of family coming from other states - some are coming cross country. I plan on sending mine out Late July / early August. I know some of FIs family have very demanding jobs in the movie industry and will need time to plan! Plus summer is so busy! I am doing magnets so I am not worried about them just throwing them into a pile somwhere.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:1fb8743f-2142-49a1-b18d-8407b03820f3Post:f2493e8b-c3a0-45db-864a-1f55eeb97c51">Re: Save The Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a lot of family coming from other states - some are coming cross country. I plan on sending mine out Late July / early August. I know some of FIs family have very demanding jobs in the movie industry and will need time to plan! Plus summer is so busy! I am doing magnets so I am not worried about them just throwing them into a pile somwhere.
    Posted by kellyeliz[/QUOTE]

Kelly, just curious, are you ordering the magnets on-line or are you going to some vendor to pick up designs and such? We also want to do magnets, but I'm not really sure which way to go with ordering.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Anastassiiat, we also did magnets. We ordered them through weddingpaperdivas.com. I was very happen with the way they came out and how customizable they were, for the most part. The customer service was great too. I finalized my magnets, then realized I forgot the link to website so I called them and they fixed it right over the phone. I picked the design partially because it was fun and cute and partially because it was offered in our colors. I was planning on ordering the matching invites, but we changed our colors and they don't offer customizable colors or those invites in our new colors. So I found almost identical ones on etsy that you can choose any color for and they're actually cheaper. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are definitely sending them out. I plan on sending them probably in late October. We have a few OOT guests, but not many. My main reason for sending them out is that it is graduation and prime wedding season. I had a couple weddings on the same day this year (problem when all your different groups of friends start getting married!) and did have to choose which one to go too. I just think all guests appreciate the heads up, and lets them plan their summers better. If it is something thasts not super important to you, you can just do generic magenets (no pictures from e-session) for under $1 per magnet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!

I'm pretty sure I will be doing them now. I think it's a great idea to let people know so they can plan around it since like some have mentioned it's wedding/grad season etc. FI and I usually planned our vacay for this time as well every year so I'm sure some others have as well.

And likely going with magnets as I like the idea of them sticking it on the fridge as an additional reminder.
    Not sure where I'll purchase them yet but I'll be starting research on that next month I think.
    June '13 - Cake!

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards