Michigan-Detroit

Chairs and moving

I just thought about this a couple days ago, when looking around online for party rental places.  I plan on having about 110 people at my wedding, and so will need as many chairs.  My ceremony and reception are in two seperate rooms, but they're right next to each other, maybe 10 feet apart.  My question is: do I really need to rent 200 chairs?  That seems incredibly stupid.  But I also don't want to turn around after kissing my new husband and say, "Okay, everyone grab your chair and come have some food!"  I'm not doing a ton of formal photos, so there won't be a two hour gap between ceremony and reception, and I have no problem with people getting drinks and picking at food at any time.  So what do I do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Re: Chairs and moving

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Does your venue have a staff that could help with moving chairs?
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was just at a wedding a few months ago at the DYC and they had the staff move the chairs to the tables after the ceremony. But it worked out well because they were serving drinks and appetizers on the balcony so everyone was out of the way and it went by very quickly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_chairs-and-moving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:225013cc-f842-4dd6-857c-9f6f9d8d34b2Post:6a211a2c-bc58-48fa-8ecb-e1f263c0aa7e">Re: Chairs and moving</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just at a wedding a few months ago at the DYC and they had the staff move the chairs to the tables after the ceremony. But it worked out well because they were serving drinks and appetizers on the balcony so everyone was out of the way and it went by very quickly.
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I didn't even think of the staff...this is a flower nursery, so it's not like a banquet hall, where they're supposed to be doing that sort of stuff.  They're so super nice, though, I bet they totally will move my stuff for me.  Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards