New York

Honeymoon Winner-Too Good To Be True?????

Hi-

I went to a bridal expo this weekend and actually won the grand prize 7-day all-inclusive honeymoon in Mexico.  I feel like this is too good to be true.  Has anyone heard of the Travel Central Store in West Winfield, NY?  Thanks!!!

Re: Honeymoon Winner-Too Good To Be True?????

• edited December 2011
    omg, i haven't heard of it but that sounds amazing....was it a drawing?  I won the "dig through the cake to find the necklace" at a bridal show and that was real and the people after me won the honeymoon and I watched them sign all the certificates and everything.  It might not be exactly what you thought but you can always inquire....congrats?  lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_honeymoon-winner-good-true?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:b91c075d-c8d9-4c46-a49d-6863072f99c8Post:471155b6-3b8b-4959-8117-9067266d6c59">Re: Honeymoon Winner-Too Good To Be True?????</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg, i haven't heard of it but that sounds amazing....was it a drawing?  I won the "dig through the cake to find the necklace" at a bridal show and that was real and the people after me won the honeymoon and I watched them sign all the certificates and everything.  It might not be exactly what you thought but you can always inquire....congrats?  lol
    Posted by soon2bjnsc[/QUOTE]

if its the contest im thinking- I saw the video! haha it was too funny! but an awesome prize! congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    i dont know. i met with someone from that exact travel center and gave her a deposit for my honeymoon and heard from her once and never heard from them again. I'm actually about to get a lawyer over it. I would make sure you get a confirmation from them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you.  I haven't read a decent review about them yet.  I hope it all works out for you. 
  • beau511beau511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me so nervous. I'm working with Cindy Ball from Travel Central RIGHT now and I started to get a bit suspicious, but she's also been really helpful...so I have been looking for reviews/references...
  • edited December 2011
    beau- this post is from September.  It's pretty dead.  If you have questions/comments, please open a new thread (which you did).  Resurrecting wicked old posts is kind of annoying.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wink  NP-  Bridgett brought it to my attention and I have a big mouth.... so thank Bridgett too!
    Online Garage Sale
  • beau511beau511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry i didn't realize since although it was dead to you....it is new to me and i was searching the topic.
  • edited December 2011
    No problem!  In the future, if something is more than a few weeks old, you are better off just posting a new thread.  Most of us are on here daily (killing time at work) and don't bother to look back through old threads, so you may never end up getting your questions answered... but we do chat constantly on the newer ones.

Searching through old stuff and reading other questions ("lurking") is a great way to get ideas/advice... but if you want people to actually respond to you, just post a new thread. 

We don't bite.   HTH
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Monica, you keep telling people we dont bite...why? Stop lying! :-P

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards