New York
Options

reception venue for diy bride

I am in search for a location in western ny (Im in the fingerlakes, but the groom's family is all out of state, so making my family drive an hour either way is not a big deal)

I am a DIY bride, through and through, but I am having a hard time finding places that are not strict on what is or is permitted. I want eclectic vintage with lots of DIY elements. Outside of a lodge at a park (which i wouldnt necessarily mind) I am looking for places that more basically rent the space, versus picking from a set of packages.

I know there are also nature centers, but I have no idea what they look like on the inside.

basically, any or all suggestions are welcome.

my guest list will probably be around 100-120 people, depending on how many of the groom's family plans on making the trek from Michigan.

Re: reception venue for diy bride

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You sound like a cheapskate, you should just get married in your backyard.
  • Options
    FutureDondadaFutureDondada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And you sound like you belong in the snarky b!tch forum. Maybe she's on a budget. Is that a problem you spoiled brat?
    May 2011-December Siggy My favorite registry item.
    (I managed to shatter the glass in our coffee table so we have none!)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_reception-venue-diy-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:56a71ca1-05e7-42e1-855a-c162e5b5d25aPost:88c79587-60f7-4c46-a449-9fad7c03aee0">Re: reception venue for diy bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]And you sound like you belong in the snarky b!tch forum. Maybe she's on a budget. Is that a problem you spoiled brat?
    Posted by FutureDondada[/QUOTE] No. I'm just saying save a thread, just take your cheap arse wedding to a back yard or the Cicis Pizza down the block..that's all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow... taniamarie... are you kidding me?  You must be the type of spoiled bride that has dear old mommy and daddy bucks paying for everything.
    These kind of comments are absolutely not welcome here.  Get over your stuck up self or go post somewhere else.

FutureDondana- LOVE the response!!!!!!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure taniamarie is a troll, just ignore her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_reception-venue-diy-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:56a71ca1-05e7-42e1-855a-c162e5b5d25aPost:ca05b5e0-d136-4392-af38-69a93f3a48b3">Re: reception venue for diy bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure taniamarie is a troll, just ignore her.
    Posted by mgietler76[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah just like the one you created on the national boards? Thank god I speak proper English too. Racist Bigot! Do us a favor and just STFU!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI ladies, I have reported taniamarie and suggest that you do the same.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_reception-venue-diy-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:56a71ca1-05e7-42e1-855a-c162e5b5d25aPost:cacd6bcf-ef36-4357-bd4e-f50afb5ab07f">Re: reception venue for diy bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]FYI ladies, I have reported taniamarie and suggest that you do the same.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Oh really ? and why is that? I had an opinion and I said it no need to go crazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh,.. I missed the hoopla. Anyways, to OP. Other than checking out parks, and lodges around the fingerlakes, how about checking out some old theatre venues maybe? I know that the auditorium theatre in Rochester rents out space (they offer catering, but I'm sure you could use your own vendor as long as they are licensed) or even the smith opera house in geneva? I don't know if they have the space there but just thought of it as a place to check in to...
    THere's a place in Canandaigua called the Granger House that I think also just rents the space, and you need your own catering, etc. it's kind of eclectic and victorian.. just a few ideas!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards