African American Weddings

RSVP madness

Ugh! I'm NOT mental prepared for this RSVP craziness. I just received two RSVPs. Please tell how in the hell does two couples turn in 13 freaking people? This is freakin insane! What is wrong with people?!

Re: RSVP madness

• What???  Did they just add peoples name to their response card?  I'm not sure what this world is coming to.  I guess in a minute couples are gonna have to type on the RSVP that this invitation is NON-TRANSFERABLE!!!!  Yell

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited June 2012
    I didn't put "we reserved ...... Number of seats in your honor". I assumed mr. And mrs blank was good enough. I had too much damn faith in my family. I called them but no answer. I sent the messages on fb too. Seriously?! Did these people invite their neighbors or something? I don't have a clue where these numbers came from. Ugh!!!!!
  • Maybe they thought if they brought a canned good or a Coke can, they could get in at a discounted rate like six flags!! Bwaaahaaaa!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-madness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:32dc0589-8bac-498c-bd5e-116a86adb24fPost:46be43d5-b521-4b8a-98b4-9bda886993f3">RSVP madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh! I'm NOT mental prepared for this RSVP craziness. I just received two RSVPs. Please tell how in the hell does <strong>two couples turn in 13 freaking peopl</strong>e? This is freakin insane! What is wrong with people?!
    Posted by hmacsine[/QUOTE]

<div>Side eye...... really people... really?!</div>
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-madness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:32dc0589-8bac-498c-bd5e-116a86adb24fPost:951a37b6-2972-4240-83fa-7762cfcb572b">Re:RSVP madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't put "we reserved ...... Number of seats in your honor". I assumed mr. And mrs blank was good enough. I had too much damn faith in my family.<strong> I called them but no answer. I sent the messages on fb too. Seriously?! Did these people invite their neighbors or something? I don't have a clue where these numbers came from. Ugh!!!!!
    </strong>Posted by hmacsine[/QUOTE]

Ummm.. see.. this is where the DOOR SECURITYcomes in.. I would hire someone to stand at the door of your reception with a list of the people that YOU and FI invited.. and have them checked off as they enter. If your name is not on the list.. you gotta go love!.. and no "oh.. I'm with her/him" crap shall make things any better for them!...lol

They must be outta there left BRAIN to think they could just add people to an invitation.. especially when thier names are on the only ones on there.. doesn't matter if you put that you reserved any number of seats.. the fact that thier names were listed should've sufficed.. especially with family.. but I guess sometimes you gotta get elementary with these people!.. UGH
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whaaatttttt?  Are they including their kids, nephews, nieces, and godchildren??  LOL  That is too many people!  Girl, call them and handle that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Just for that I would wait till my deadline and call them and tell them I didn't receive their RSVP..then see if they have the nerve to tell you that they are coming plus 13...SMH!
    Anniversary
  • All I can say is... AHHH HELL NAW!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• Update. I talked to one couple. They rsvp'ed for 8 people. She actually put her adult children and dates on her response card. Her children don't live at home and recevied their own invite. I don't know what she was thinking! Lol I'm still waiting on couple number 2. They rsvp'ed for 5 people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-madness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:32dc0589-8bac-498c-bd5e-116a86adb24fPost:a440f484-6627-4f4c-b496-0b0ba229808f">Re:RSVP madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Update. I talked to one couple. They rsvp'ed for 8 people. <strong>She actually put her adult children and dates on her response card. Her children don't live at home and recevied their own invite. I don't know what she was thinking! </strong>Lol I'm still waiting on couple number 2. They rsvp'ed for 5 people.

Oh ok.. lol.. a little awkward that she would be responding on thier behalf.. but at least you know the people she tacked on were people you already invited!..lol

Couple #2 better have the same excuse... lol.. at least it's laughable.. if not.. they have balls!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-madness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:32dc0589-8bac-498c-bd5e-116a86adb24fPost:f2546820-a611-4eec-979e-16abb6842904">Re: RSVP madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they thought if they brought a canned good or a Coke can, they could get in at a discounted rate like six flags!! Bwaaahaaaa!!!
    Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LMFAO!!!!!!! Awww man that was a good one.

</div>
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to Re:RSVP madness:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSVP madness:Maybe they thought if they brought a canned good or a Coke can, they could get in at a discounted rate like six flags!! Bwaaahaaaa!!!Posted by MissusD1116LMFAO!!!!!!! Awww man that was a good one. Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

Yes...this ! CTHU...FI lookin at me like I'm crazy !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-madness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:32dc0589-8bac-498c-bd5e-116a86adb24fPost:a440f484-6627-4f4c-b496-0b0ba229808f">Re:RSVP madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Update. I talked to one couple. They rsvp'ed for 8 people. <font color="#3366ff"><strong>She actually put her adult children and dates on her response card. Her children don't live at home and recevied their own invite. I don't know what she was thinking</strong></font>! Lol I'm still waiting on couple number 2. They rsvp'ed for 5 people.

She must be older. lol... My aunt did the same thing for my cousin wedding. Instead of RSVP for herself she added her kids and grankids on one invite......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards