Connecticut

Directions

Just looking for some help/opinions on this. Almost everyone invited to the wedding lives in the area or connecticut, do I need to include directions to the reception in the invitation anyways or will people who dont know just use a gps,etc anyways??

Re: Directions

• Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would include directions included in the invite, it's a nice gesture.  I went to a wedding this weekend and it was a pain in the butt to try to find the exact addresses to everything.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's still a good idea (and good etiquette) to include a directions card. You can ask your venue if they have directions to their location already.  That's what I did, and it saved me having to write them out/figure them out myself.  I then just created directions cards (3 to a page) in Publisher and printed them on cardstock... nothing hugely fancy, but it got the job done.  Even though most people have GPS or are computer savvy, there are still those that aren't so it's good to still take them into consideration.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Agey310Agey310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Although my wedding is local I am still including the directions card, just to be proper. Keep in mind you may have some older guests who do not have the internet or GPS ( I am thinking about my grandparents here) who would really benefit from the direction card. You could totally just print them yourself on cardstock in order to save the money from having them professionally printed.
  • edited December 2011
    90% of our guests are local, too. But we're including directions--just a quarter of a page, with directions to the church on one side, and the reception on the other. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah a half of a half of a page printed on regular paper would be fine, but I'd still include it. 
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed, include it.  you never know when Google Maps or a GPS is going to send you in the way that actually is a nightmare!!  (for example, my GPS always tries to send me this certain way when i get on the highway from a left exit and the need to get off a right exit soon...it tries to put me off an exit that is across a concrete barrier!  it's a good thing i know the area!)
  • edited December 2011
    Half of our guests were local but we still put directions in with the invites.  It made it so much easier for everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards