July 2013 Weddings

HELP! Hate all venues!

Hi everyone! Very pressed for time and feeling the pressure. I have been to a ton of venues on long island and I hate everything. The only one I liked was giorgios in Baiting Hollow and was only able to overlook the ornate ballroom because of the photo ops and gorgeous outside. anyone have any recomendations? I want to be the only event. July 2013.  At my wits end! Thanks!

Re: HELP! Hate all venues!

• You may want to check with your local board found on the left column.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Local board will help you out more...

But, you do still have 10-11 months before July 2013, so you do have some time to find a venue you and your FI like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ditto PP's on trying your local board. You will find something that works for you - don't worry! FI and I looked at a ton of venues before finding the right ones for us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure what you're looking for but my best friend had her wedding at Willow Creek Golf Club in Mt. Sinai and it was great!  The bridal attendant and maitre d' were amazing.  The views and outdoor areas are fantastic for pictures.  LINK

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry I can't help you!  I hope you were able to find your local board.  You could also try looking at unconventional places that aren't traditionally wedding venues - museums, art galleries, even the zoo!  Or, maybe there's a restaurant you like or other sort of event center.  You do have some time to make a final decision - there's still over 10 months left!  Many people plan weddings in less than a year.  My best friend planned hers for over 300 people in about 7 months!  Good luck and I hope you find something you like!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I really didn't love any of the venues I saw until I found the one we booked...and I'm in love with that one! 

Check your local board for recs, and try to relax. We have 11 months to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards