New York-Upstate

Lake Placid JP and shuttle service

We are getting married in LP in October and are looking for a JP. We are having our ceremony at the lake front site for The Whiteface Lodge, but don't want to have a religious ceremony. Anyone have any recommendations for a JP.

Also our guests can't park at the ceremony site so we were going to shuttle them down from the Lodge. I thought that an old trolley would be cool, and I know LP has one but I don't know how to contact them.

Re: Lake Placid JP and shuttle service

• edited December 2011
    we are also getting married in LP in october (16th) and have booked the trolley from the Lake Placid Marina for that day. 

if you are another day (or maybe they have 2, i dont know!), you can contact brian bliss at the Lake Placid Marina at 518 523 9704 

if you do, please tell him lynnie rudner referred you. thanks. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vtarobinsovtarobinso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lynnie
    Are you using a JP for your ceremony?
    Your website is great. You have some great information about LP on there. We are getting married the weekend before you on the 10th. I will give Brian a call tonight and see what they have.

Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the compliments! we definitely had fun making the website, and we got some inspiration from other weddings there, and other knotties. 

sorry, cant help with the JP. we are having a Rabbi perform our ceremony, even though FI is not jewish.... we are a mostly "jewish" family unit. 

i dont know if you are having a planner (outside the whiteface lodge person) but our planner, Mim Frantz, of Juniper Events is amazing and Im sure she knows and has worked with some JPs. If you want to email her, her email is: wacholder@roadrunner.com
    again, if you use her, just let he know i sent you. 

good luck!
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gperg001gperg001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The trolley might be ok but the problem is that it only holds about 30 people (if that).  If you're shuttling from the Canoe Club to the WFL, it's about a 30 second car ride so you could do it in stages, but it might be a bit of a process depending on your guest count.  Your other option is Ground Force 1, they have vans and buses you can rent but be CAREFUL make sure they explicitly spell out their pricing for you because they have all kinds of extra charges; it can get pricey.
  • gperg001gperg001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS, if you need any more help in LP you can email me, I do event planning (more of just a hobby, now). I live here in LP, so if you have any questions I'd love to help. gperg001@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if Ground Force One Limo service is stilli n LP - I know they had a contract with the WFL (because I used to work there).  I know the owner - he's great and they have all kinds of vehicles to suit any occasion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards