Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Catholic Churches NKY area

Hey ladies, I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions for me.  My fiance is Catholic and I am not.  We had initially talked to the priest at the church his family attends and while he did agree to marry us, we decided against it for a variety of reasons.  So onto my question, does anyone know of any Catholic churches in NKY that will marry non-members?  I know there's some out there, I'm just having no luck finding them.  TIA!

Re: Catholic Churches NKY area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most will do it, I am going through the same thing. I am getting married at St Ben's in Covington. The only one that told me no was Mary Queen of Heaven, but some of my friends got married there a few years ago and they were not members. They must have changed their policy or gave me the wrong information. Some of the websites will have the information on there, it is usually more expensive if you are not a member. Good Luck!
  • Options
    kengelhardtkengelhardt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The basillica in Covington will marry you - but they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Options
    Smyle11Smyle11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Thomas in Fort Thomas will marry couples if one becomes a member of that parish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Besides the $2,000 fee, you also need to find your own priest if you want to get married at the basilica. We didn't have a great experience there.

You might want to look into St. Agnes in Fort Wright or try St. Augustines in Covington.

http://www.saintagnes.com/index.asp?page=sacraments
    http://www.staugustines.net/sacramen.htm
  • Options
    Zim345Zim345 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Kentucky is of course a different diocese, but I used to work at a Catholic Church in the Cincinnati Archdiocese and their policy is your have to be a member for 6 mos before you reserve the church for a wedding but many of those just require you to be a member for six months before the wedding. I would check with each church and let them know you are interested in becoming members (or your FI as the case may be) and ask about their wedding policy. If you are willing to join many will give you the member rate esp. if you wait a few months to book after you have joined :)
  • Options
    mmeadows08mmeadows08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend St. Augustines. I am getting married there and Father Schmidt is very sweet. Its a beautiful church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards