Alabama

House divided wedding cake..

I just love this..so I thought I'd share. We are doing this for our wedding cake. FI is an Alabama fan and I am an Auburn fan, I just think it will be hilarious when everyone thinks Oh she gave in and got houndstooth cake! And then we cut into it...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: House divided wedding cake..

• One of our Alabama Knotties did this cake in reverse as their groom's cake!  It was orange with blue stripes on the outside, but it was red velvet cake with white icing on the inside, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • stahlkcstahlkc member
    First Comment
    I LOVE that idea! I was in the same boat (I'm an AU fan while he is a UA fan) and actually made his groom's cake. I was THIS close to actually doing that idea, but then realized that the orange and blue wouldn't show up that well on chocolate cake. I ended up just doing a nice UA cake for him. He can't say I don't love him ;-) Here's what the cake looked like:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ha, I love that!
  • My FI is a UA fan (works with the team) and I am an AU alum. His mother was pushing a pure UA cake...he's getting strawberry pies. Whatever you do, get his input. Men don't normally voice much about what they want so be sure he's cool with orange and blue cake on his Groom's table.
    Best wishes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_house-divided-wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:3ac90766-82da-43b6-97f4-342d42b85a62Post:69185ad8-bb9a-4443-9704-0957e1071dae">Re: House divided wedding cake..</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is a UA fan (works with the team) and I am an AU alum. His mother was pushing a pure UA cake...he's getting strawberry pies. Whatever you do, get his input. Men don't normally voice much about what they want so be sure he's cool with orange and blue cake on his Groom's table. Best wishes!
    Posted by khines18[/QUOTE]

Oh definitely, he and my mom are actually the only ones that know about this. And he approved :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards