Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

DILLLEEEMMMAA!

So my wedding isnt until july of next year, but i cannot decide for the life of me if i want my wedding in myrtle beach, sc or just an outdoor wedding either in ohio where he lives or missouri where i live. The reason i say myrtle is becuse that is where we met . We were both on vacation and we met in the ocean and so my mom suggested it and it sounded like such an awesome idea, but then I have always wanted a a traditional wedding outside with a reception to follow right afterwards and with the beach wedding we would have to plan a reception after the honeymoon.i have no ideaaa what i should do i have so many pros and cons with both!! help !! 

Re: DILLLEEEMMMAA!

• The reception is a thank you to the guests who attend the ceremony, so if you got married at Myrtle Beach there is no reason for the reception to be put on hold.  Or are you saying that you would elope, just the two of you?

I would either do it at Myrtle Beach as a destination wedding and invite everyone you want there - let them decide if they can afford to travel or not - or have it where you live since you will likely be doing most of the planning and it's easier to plan where you are than to plan from afar.
  • Why would the reception be "put on hold?"  That doesn't make any sense.  Whoever witnesses your ceremony must be hosted afterwards and that hosting is your reception.  Done.

I like the Myrtle Beach idea.  Get married there and invite everyone. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_dillleeemmmaa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:1d6b1f86-4656-4b78-99bf-2a2d08311c63Post:718031c8-8ef2-4aca-9d40-b33e202f83cb">Re: DILLLEEEMMMAA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Myrtle Beach is lovely.  T<strong>hat gets rid of any pouting over picking the bride's home over the groom's or vice versa,</strong> and you can have the honeymoon in the same place where you met. Call the concierge at a hotel. They'll be able to tell you about local wedding venues.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking. There was a lot of that going on about my wedding, and we only lived a couple hours apart.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_dillleeemmmaa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:1d6b1f86-4656-4b78-99bf-2a2d08311c63Post:e33f345c-1c86-406a-ad7d-61927676094e">Re: DILLLEEEMMMAA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The reception is a thank you to the guests who attend the ceremony, so if you got married at Myrtle Beach there is no reason for the reception to be put on hold.  Or are you saying that you would elope, just the two of you? I would either do it at Myrtle Beach as a destination wedding and invite everyone you want there - let them decide if they can afford to travel or not - or have it where you live since you will likely be doing most of the planning and it's easier to plan where you are than to plan from afar.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I would have a reception in myrtle beach after the wedding, but it would be a really little one of course and then like i said i have always wanted a big reception so i would have another reception when we got back from the honeymoon and have everyone who couldnt make it to the wedding come and we would play a video of the ceremony at that reception. </div><div>
    </div><div>That is true they have almost a year to get money...thanks for the advice. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_dillleeemmmaa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:1d6b1f86-4656-4b78-99bf-2a2d08311c63Post:0058d0ed-ff77-442a-9227-3657e50a9668">Re:DILLLEEEMMMAA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where does your FI want to have the wedding? What place has the best weather for an outdoor wedding in July? Is there anyone the two of you want there and couldn't make the trip if it's not held near them? DramaGeek makes a good point about doing SC as a destination wedding, since it sounds like it would be travel for everyone. The other two could be planned at least quasilocally.
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>honestly he doesnt care where it is he said as long as i am the one who is walking down the aisle to him,.. which is cute and alll haha but his opinion would be nice.  Oho and missouri have a lot of the same weather climates so either one would have good outdoor weather in july. Some of  my fiance's family wouldnt be able to make the wedding, so thats also something i am considering. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_dillleeemmmaa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:1d6b1f86-4656-4b78-99bf-2a2d08311c63Post:e29d294b-0100-4d82-a72d-848062dfbdaf">Re: DILLLEEEMMMAA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why would the reception be "put on hold?"  That doesn't make any sense.  Whoever witnesses your ceremony must be hosted afterwards and that hosting is your reception.  Done. I like the Myrtle Beach idea.  Get married there and invite everyone. 
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I didnt mean it would be put on hold. i meant i would have a small reception after the myrtle beach wedding including cocktails and appetizers and then coming back after the honeymoon having a big reception with music and a buffet for everyone who couldnt make it to the wedding. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_dillleeemmmaa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:1d6b1f86-4656-4b78-99bf-2a2d08311c63Post:473d0032-6f16-471b-9917-a261cb848e88">Re: DILLLEEEMMMAA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to DILLLEEEMMMAA! : Your wedding reception takes place on your wedding day.  It is a thank-you to your guests for coming.  You must have a reception after your ceremony.  It does not have to be expensive or elaborate, but if you are asking your guests to travel to a destination wedding, I think you owe them dinner.  There are plenty of venues in Mytle Beach that can provide your reception.  If you wedding is small, a restaurant with a private meeting room would be perfect for this. You could elope, and have a party to celebrate your marriage at a later time, but this party is not a wedding reception.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I was going to have a reception after the myrtle beach wedding but it would just be a small one with cocktails and appetizers and then when we got back from the honeymoon we would have a bigger one for everyone who coudlnt make it to the weddding, </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards