Canada-Ontario

completey STUMPED on wedding colours

hi everyone!
so i need some advice for wedding colours. all my life i had wanted to have champagne as one of my wedding colours. after going back and forth.....and back and forth, and then back and forth again, i have decided on a group of colours i like and i don't know which 3 to choose (i think anything more than 3 colours FOR ME is too much to handle) the colour options are:
-gold
-teal (the darker one not the lighter one)
-dark gray
-aubergine a.k.a. eggplant purple
and a little damask or buroque and bling :)

my ceremony is in the tent of the royal ambassador and i am trying to envision what the very white room will look like with table cloths of either teal or champagne with a nice damask or baroque pattern. of course the centerprices will be in the other chosen colours

unfortuately my fiance does not like aubergine that much and i can only use it as a small component.

i wanted to know what 3 colours from my choice you would choose and why

my wedding is an outdoor ceremony in a gazebo, tented reception, sept 1 2013. my fiance and i are urban chic but like the outdoors too. the wedding theme is definitrly not rustic but at the same time, we don't want it to me too dark and heavy on the colours.

thanks everyone!!

Re: completey STUMPED on wedding colours

• KewiiKewii member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Personally, I would drop the gold or the grey.

I think teal and eggplant would compliment each other really well, then the gray or gold.  would be a nice neutral to add to it.

Have you looked over at Perfect Palette for ideas?

here's one (with blue, as well, but pretend it's not there).

http://www.theperfectpalette.com/2009/02/inspiration-board-20-teal-plum-blue.html
  • I agree, gold and grey don't go so well together. I'd do teal and gold with accents of the purple, and you'll probably have to throw some white in particularly in the flowers because your colours aren't very flower friendly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards