Registry and Gift Forum

Registry Process Question

Is it possible to register online and not go into the stores and deal with a sales associate? I feel like I don't need to register for a lot of items and would prefer to avoid dealing with pushy sales associates.

Thoughts??

Re: Registry Process Question

• Yeah.  We registered online at BBB and then went in and scanned some more things, and they basically left us alone, since our registry was already set up.  We also registered online at Macy's, and we wanted to check out a couple of things in the store before adding them, so we just went and browsed, and then added them later online. 
  • Yes you can! BBB was annoying, but Target let you go on your own.
  • It is possible, but none of the stores that we registered at bothered us when we went in.  I preferred doing it in-store to online so that I could actually see things in person, see how things looked together, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-process-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:3b885dc0-6992-444d-9348-b6a0b600d78fPost:f2787f6b-1e88-49a5-97f0-1d9ca3a487af">Re: Registry Process Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is possible, but none of the stores that we registered at bothered us when we went in.  I preferred doing it in-store to online so that I could actually see things in person, see how things looked together, etc.
    Posted by TEA&Co[/QUOTE]

This. Exactly. We didn't get bothered at all. And I definitely wanted to see everything. The actual item looks way different in person then online I noticed.
  • Thanks everyone, this is very helpful!
  • We registered at Macys and Kohls and no one bothered us.  Actually they were very helpful.  Both stores gave us a list of ideas of things to register for and there were a few items on there I might not have thought of on my own.  I liked being able to see the quality of the items I was registering for, especially when it came to sheets and towels. 

• I've found that the best thing about registering online is the customer reviews.  There has been more than one product that I think I would've registered for if I just saw it and handled it in the store, but after reading the online reviews about durability, I've decided not to.  Plus, doing the work online has allowed me to look for the best prices on things, comparing stores to one another.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards