Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Lots of OOT guests? PSA

So I've been deliberately not thinking about reserving a block of rooms for the wedding because it seems like such a major pain. But on the Budget boards I saw a girl reccomend hotelplanner.com.

So I went and checked it out and omg, it's so great! You just sign up and put in the dates you want and about how many rooms you will need. Then you get "bids" from hotels offering discounted group rates. The really cool part is that the hotels don't contact you by phone or email unless you click the "contact hotel" button.

It's super easy to use - even if you don't know what you're doing lol. So if any of you were feeling just as overwhelmed at the though of blocking hotel rooms, rest your mind!!

Re: Lots of OOT guests? PSA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing that!!!
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like a great tool to use!  Something to keep in mind: did you tour the potential hotels you were considering to use for the block?  I know it took some time, but we did actually look around at each in regards to proximity and then the amenities. We figured people were spending a fair amount of $ to share in our day and wanted to make it as nice as possible.  What we thought would be really nice inside or like, we often didn't, etc and were surprised to get the deal we did at the hotel we selected.   Good luck!
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten around to that yet. I only just started out. I think I will schedule a tour of one hotel in the coming week or so. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards