B&M Monday

First 5 day work week since May.
Waaaaaaah.

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    5 day work weeks are the worst! I get so spoiled with the 4 day weeks on this summer schedule that the 5 day weeks just seem to drag! (It's a 5 day week for me, too.) :(

My B&M is that Joe T's is now booked and we can't have our RD there. My even bigger B&M is that, even though I contacted them in February, I never booked them because FI wanted to see what else we could find (he's from El Paso and he says that Joe T.'s isn't "real" Mexican food and that they're overpriced.) So now that we've exhausted most other options he finally agreed to go with them and THEN he has the audacity to say, "See, I told you places would start booking up. We really should have gotten on this sooner." *A&@#(*&!!!!! Oh well. Sounds like we might be having a pizza and wings RD. At least it will still be delish.
    Anniversary
  • Options

ejheart, that stinks about your RD.  Pizza and wings would be delish, though.

I have no B&M, just very excited to be done with the bar exam and heading to San Antonio today to go to Seaworld with FI and the little guy :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ej - Yeah, we had RD woes, too. We waited too long and ended up being cramped BUT it saved us some money because no one lingered to drink, they moved onto a bar.
    Silver lining?
  • Options
    I hate when people just post "hbd" instead of happy birthday to FB. 
    How freaking lazy can you be? 

I worked late Friday and got here early today. I just need a nap, and to go home and finish watching the Olympic gymnastics that I fell asleep watching last night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-132?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1823fd44-7b2a-47a6-8142-fc2b48525268Post:e8e0ee1a-d422-4aaf-a847-49de39e5b7d9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]ej - Yeah, we had RD woes, too. We waited too long and ended up being cramped BUT it saved us some money because no one lingered to drink, they moved onto a bar. Silver lining?
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm hoping that everyone will move on pretty quickly anyway because we probably aren't going to be able to invite all of the family that we had hoped we could, so I'm guessing everyone will want to leave early to hang with the others.

On this same note, is it rude to say that we'll pay for alcohol for ooh say the first hour or hour and a half of the RD and then everyone is on their own?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm Cranky Smurf today.
    I am crazy pissed at NBC for their ridiculous broadcasting of the Olympics. I don't think they realize that if they were to have ONE channel that had a live feed (like their site online), it wouldn't effect the ratings of their primetime broadcast as much as they think. I hate having to avoid all other media outlets so that I don't see spoilers.
    Last night I waited until J got home to watch the primetime broadcast from last night, and while browsing on my phone I thought going to E Online would be a safe browse. Nope. Another GD spoiler. Saturday morning I woke up to spoilers on SportsCenter. Seems all they show during the day are prelim matches with no medal potential. I get that London is 6 hours ahead of us, but NBC has really effed it all up.

B&M #2: 2 girls on the softball team that I sub on came to the doubleheader last night with a stomach virus. WHY!? please.stay.home. I now feel queasy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-132?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1823fd44-7b2a-47a6-8142-fc2b48525268Post:a512b08e-16ef-4a9b-8cbf-94e01199795c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Yeah, that's a good point. I'm hoping that everyone will move on pretty quickly anyway because we probably aren't going to be able to invite all of the family that we had hoped we could, so I'm guessing everyone will want to leave early to hang with the others. <strong>On this same note, is it rude to say that we'll pay for alcohol for ooh say the first hour or hour and a half of the RD and then everyone is on their own?
    </strong>Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

Good question erica. We aren't paying for alcohol four our RD.

Court- the spoilers suck completely! its so frustrating when the broadcasters are like "if you don't want to know mute the tv" well whats the point of muting the tv if you still put all the winners on the screen. boo!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    My BM is I'm still sick and couldn't get a hold of my key holder who was scheduled to work at 9:00 to go in half hour earlier to open the store. I started calling and texting around 7:15 am, he texts me back at 8:26 to tell me he's on it. Really dude? Opening shift starts at 8:30. Anyway it's all good and been drinking shots of NyQuil. I also feel bad it's my daughter's 18th birthday today I'm layed out in bed haven't gotten her gift yet. And get this she went to dinner with friends last night for her birthday and brings me cake home and at a couple bites in my room with me. She can be such a sweet kid.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Don't you just love it when people ask you whether they can bring their "kids"  to your wedding?
    Uhm, 1. my website specifically says "no children". and 2. Your "kids" are in their late 30s/early40s and didn't invite me to their wedding last year - is this a joke???
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-132?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1823fd44-7b2a-47a6-8142-fc2b48525268Post:bf0aaf07-a06b-4796-b42a-6601d4ee0479">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Cranky Smurf today. I am crazy pissed at NBC for their ridiculous broadcasting of the Olympics. I don't think they realize that if they were to have ONE channel that had a live feed (like their site online), it wouldn't effect the ratings of their primetime broadcast as much as they think. I hate having to avoid all other media outlets so that I don't see spoilers. Last night I waited until J got home to watch the primetime broadcast from last night, and while browsing on my phone I thought going to E Online would be a safe browse. Nope. Another GD spoiler. Saturday morning I woke up to spoilers on SportsCenter. Seems all they show during the day are prelim matches with no medal potential. I get that London is 6 hours ahead of us, but NBC has really effed it all up.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]
    NBC was posting spoilers on FB. <div>Ironic.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-132?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1823fd44-7b2a-47a6-8142-fc2b48525268Post:e6b3f60c-2a4a-487c-9af6-0660d6c700fe">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : NBC was posting spoilers on FB.  Ironic.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

They were saying them on the Ticket today when I took H to the airport. I was like AH AH GO AWAY!
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    I got so mad  Saturday afternoon when the ESPN app happily notified me about the results of the first Lochte-Phelps race. I immideately took off the push notifications settings. Luckily, I'll be in the car all day tomorrow, so I will be able to avoid gymnastics spoilers. 

Other than that, I have absolutely no BMs. Vacation is wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards