DC

lighting!!

So I think I've realized what will make my reception, and really any reception gorgeous... LIGHTING!
I look through all these pictures and the colored lights that show through onto tables and up on the ceiling is really what stands out. 
That being said... does anyone know of any venues that can hold heavy duty lighting and/or does anyone know of any good lighting companies in maryland/dc area? 
Thanks so much in advance!

Re: lighting!!

• edited December 2011
    i heard that da vinci's floristl and lighting in maryland is awesome. my friend used them at her wedding and her venue looked fantastic. but - not sure if she used them for flowers only or for lighting, but either way, it looked great!

our venue is actually able to provide the uplights, so we're going through them. have you chosen your venue yet? depending on the site, they may be able to recommend an in-house vendor or a list of preferred vendors who can do lighting.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Da Vinci for uplighting & spot lighting on our lanterns.  They bring their own equipment, it's not like they attach their heavy equipment to the walls.  For us, they also draped fabric and they used frames for that rather than the walls.  I imagine it would be something similar for spot lighting on tables.  But talk to them about how they handle that kind of lighting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards