Oregon

Are there any knotties that would be willing to

Be witnesses for my fiance and I on novemeber 3rd?
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: Are there any knotties that would be willing to

• edited December 2011
    Where are you at? I'll be in Southern Oregon and Portland Oregon kind of on and off in November...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live in salem but we will be getting married in portland
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you don't want your friends and families to remember the JOP day as your wedding day, but aren't they hurt that you aren't including them?  Besides, that is your wedding day, so I'm not sure why you don't want to include them.  All I know is if someone that I was close to told me that I couldn't witness their wedding because they didn't want me to remember it, I'd be pretty upset. 

Obviously, you're going to do whaver you want, but I have a feeling your family and friends are probably upset about it even if they haven't said anything.  I also think you'll regret that the only witnesses to your wedidng were strangers.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_there-knotties-would-willing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:c7ecc47c-2650-47d4-b984-6862c5802124Post:88c8ad3e-8686-4965-8078-f9a8b194c771">Re: Are there any knotties that would be willing to</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you said you don't want your friends and families to remember the JOP day as your wedding day, but aren't they hurt that you aren't including them?  Besides, that is your wedding day, so I'm not sure why you don't want to include them.  All I know is if someone that I was close to told me that I couldn't witness their wedding because they didn't want me to remember it, I'd be pretty upset.  Obviously, you're going to do whaver you want, but I have a feeling your family and friends are probably upset about it even if they haven't said anything.  I also think you'll regret that the only witnesses to your wedidng were strangers.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

<div>They don't even know about it</div>
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

oy vey.  I hope for your sake they never find out.  I know someone who did this and his parents found out because marriage records are public.  The fall out was not pretty.  It'd probably be better for your relationship with your family and friends if you tell them now rather than try to keep it a secret.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_there-knotties-would-willing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:c7ecc47c-2650-47d4-b984-6862c5802124Post:e92d0912-2f23-4a4e-8b33-71845abe7160">Re: Are there any knotties that would be willing to</a>:
    [QUOTE]oy vey.  I hope for your sake they never find out.  I know someone who did this and his parents found out because marriage records are public.  The fall out was not pretty.  It'd probably be better for your relationship with your family and friends if you tell them now rather than try to keep it a secret.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

<div>We're telling them after it happens</div>
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah gotchya, a true elopement :-)  I'm glad you're not trying to keep it a secret.  I'll never forget how mad my mom's friend was when she found out via internet that her son got married without her knowledge.
  • MrsQ2011MrsQ2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kendall,

I dont know all of the "happenings" surrounding your wedding/elopment but I just wanted to send you a little encouragement:

My brother eloped. I was the only family member that knew about it and while my parents were hurt in the beginning that faded away in like a day, or less. It was what they wanted and they would do it the same way now...8 years later.

My step-sister got pregnant when she was engaged and right in the middle of making wedding plans. Her and her fiance did a JOP so that she could get covered under his insurance for prenatal appointments and still went on to have their original wedding. I honestly dont even know if she remembers what day she was "legally married" because despite the fact they were allready married their wedding day was their wedding day.

So weither you are eloping or doing a JOP before you have a public ceremony do what you want to do, no matter what other people think. While I am sure you care about your family and how they feel, this is about YOUR and FI life together...start it the way you want to start it!

p.s. I would do it for you if my wedding wasn't going to be 2 days later (i am sure I will be pretty busy...sorry!)

good luck and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Are you two going to do a reception later on or a second wedding?
  • evabo31evabo31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kendall, 

I'm close enough to Portland. I'll witness for you if you decide that you'd like one of us to do it. 

My sister did the same thing. She had total strangers as her witnesses so that no one's feelings would be hurt. I was sad for a split second that none of us were there, but realized that it's what she wanted and she was happy... so I got over it relatively quickly. I would have been much more upset if she'd aksed a friend or someone else because that meant that they knew. Silly, I know, but it was much easier hearing that it was a stranger. 

Let me know if you'd like me to witness. I'm happy do it. Smile
    October 2011 Siggy: Wedding Preview
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_there-knotties-would-willing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:c7ecc47c-2650-47d4-b984-6862c5802124Post:0e7f8f93-c395-4667-8cdd-dafdada9f3e0">Re: Are there any knotties that would be willing to</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you two going to do a reception later on or a second wedding?
    Posted by Portland09102011[/QUOTE]
    a second wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards