African American Weddings
Options

A wedding...then a funeral

Hi ladies,
It's been 3 weeks since I last posted, and that was the eve of my wedding.   My FIL didn't make the wedding rehearsal because he had to have a blood transfusion (he had leukemia).  We weren't sure, but we thought he'd make the wedding the next day once he had a chance to rest.  Well, he wasn't able to make it because he just didn't feel well.  

The day of the wedding (New Year's Eve), everything went extremely well.  My FIL's presence was missed.  However, we were able to share some of our joy through the photos taken by our photographer.  He uploaded them to a website, and we showed them to my FIL a couple days after the wedding.  He cried while viewing the slide show.

One week later, I received a call from my MIL telling me that my FIL was in the ER and it didn't look good.  He had a massive stroke with bleeding on his brain.  The doctors said it was inoperable, and there was nothing they could do.  Because my in-laws are people of very strong faith, my MIL made the decision to remove the breathing tube.

And so we came to have a funeral 2 weeks to the day of our wedding.  My FIL was such a kind and humble man.  I've been married before, but I've never had a FIL. I only knew him for a little more than a year, but I loved him so and I will miss him even more.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share. And I thought the ladies on this board would understand both my joy and sorrow. 

Please keep my family in prayer as we continue to take things day-by-day.

Re: A wedding...then a funeral

• Options
    What a roller coaster of emotions and situations you have been through.  Of course, we understand.  Joy and sorrow are complete opposite emotions but in this case both are rooted in love.  Prayers are sent for you and your family. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_weddingthen-funeral?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e2acd287-e660-4bd9-b20a-77aac9242c3aPost:b935feb7-a773-41a6-b85f-b5ac9149f0cc">Re: A wedding...then a funeral</a>:
    [QUOTE]What a roller coaster of emotions and situations you have been through.  Of course, we understand.  Joy and sorrow are complete opposite emotions but in this case both are rooted in love.  Prayers are sent for you and your family. 
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

All of this.. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers through this trying time!.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Praying for you and the family!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family during your time of need. I am sorry for your lost.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_weddingthen-funeral?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e2acd287-e660-4bd9-b20a-77aac9242c3aPost:acfecd43-087a-4791-b233-bbba9fe3e447">Re: A wedding...then a funeral</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family during your time of need. I am sorry for your lost.
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

You have my condolences
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hugs and prayers for you and yours
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Praying for your family.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

"When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

• Options
    Sorry for your loss..sending prayers ur way
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your lost..Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    Praying for you and your family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.  Sending prayers and hugs your way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Sending prayers to you and your family. May you be comforted.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. My heart, prayers, and thoughts goes out to your family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss.  I will be praying for you and your family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss and I am praying for you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sending love and prayers out to you and your family right now.  =(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. Continue to pray and know that God is always with you.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards