Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

dress vent/need advice

So my wedding is in about 2 weeks (May 14). I was supposed to have my final dress fitting tonight. My mom called to make sure the dress was ready because last time we waited a hour while she worked on the bustle. My mom was told the dress is not ready and asked if we can come Monday. I called back and told the lady that it was unexceptable for us to come Monday since I was concerned that the dress needed alot of alterations still since the last time we were there 2 weeks ago. I am worried it will still needs additional things.

I got in a bit of an argument with the seamstress's daughter on the phone. She says that they just want it to be perfect and it needed a day and a half of work and it has only had a day of work done on it. I said to her that they have had 2 weeks since the last time we were there.

I am just really irritated at this point. I told her that I want to come in tomorrow. She says that tomorrow afternoon will be fine, but I don't know what the dress is going to look like.

I guess I just don't know what to do if the dress still needs work done. I do not feel confident that they will get it done right and in a timely manner. My sister in law called her seamstress and she said she will fit me in to work on it and get it perfect before the wedding. I just don't know if that is the best thing to do. I haven't paid the balance and don't want to pay for alterations if the dress is not perfect.

Wow sorry that was long. First knottie vent!!

Re: dress vent/need advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Breathe. Until you see what it looks like now, I would try your very best not to panic. Because you never know...it might be fine. Please let us know how your fitting goes tonight!!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with RA.  Don't get all worked up without seeing the dress again.  It's good that you already have a backup plan though.  I hope it all works out for you at the next fitting!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is really annoying that they are taking so much time, but at least they are putting in a lot of effort. It's better to wait a few days and have a perfect dress than have them rush and not do their best work.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    neongreenboxneongreenbox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good luck! I would try and be patient - I am a seamstress and certainly know the pressure of a deadline. Just try to keep in mind sometimes things happen unexpectedly - maybe another dress that had to be done before yours had more alterations than scheduled for or a machine broke, someone was out sick, etc. There are a million things that can come up and it is a lot harder to work well if you are trying to work quickly under pressure. I'm sure they will get it right but it takes time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards