Texas-San Antonio

DJ Etiquette

I love music and for my wedding I would love for the DJ to play specific songs rather than a "type" of song or "certain" artist. Is it wrong or insulting for me to ask this? I've read some of the recomendations on this board, but is there a DJ out ther that fits this? Any I should stay away from?

Re: DJ Etiquette

• armstrongshelarmstrongshel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is absoluetly okay to request this.  What I would do is average out 4 minutes per song and create a list.  Then add up the minutes to cover your whole reception. I know alot of people that do this with their Ipods and then hook them up with their system. 
  • edited December 2011
    Just remember though if you pick every song and your guests don't want to dance to it they won't and will leave.

THat is why you hire a professional DJ they get to read the crown and play what keeps people dancing and in the mood.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to give them a pist of songs you would like played but don't plan every minute and ask them to only play that.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!
  • edited December 2011
    Its absolutely okay for you to direct your dj.  KOW Music Sa lets you choose some or all the songs you want.  They guide you and listen to you.......I just booked with them for a very reasonable price.......they will beat any written estimate from another san antonio company.  KOW Music SA 210-455-0787.  I saw a wedding they did in December and the dj was awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, it's totally not wrong to say 'play these songs", but a DJ can get a better sense of what people are responding to than you can.  So it's important to give them a bit of freedom to.... You don't want people to be totally bored because you're playing your top100 favorite songs.  But yeah... I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about saying "i really like all of these songs... work it in."

of course, you should also provide them with a "don't play" list.  like, we have NO CHICKEN DANCE on our list.  But "baby got back" is a must! haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards