Texas-Houston

Wedding Coordinator- $500 Budget

Hi Knotties,

Do any of you have reccomendations for a good, attentive day of wedding coordinator who is within a $500 budget? I saw reccomendations for Monarch Event Planning, but her prices have recently increased, and my fiance is wanting to stay as close to $500 as possible.

All I really want is someone to manage the events of that day, and to offer a little pre-wedding vendor guidance. Is my budget WAY too low?

Re: Wedding Coordinator- $500 Budget

• that I know of, she has the lowest price. Most DOCs that I quoted were closer to $1k than $500.
    sorry.
  • My DOC came with my venue ($300)so I can't really help much but I will see if any of my married friends have any reccomendations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • robscorobsco member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I looked at "DOC's" and I agree that the majority of them want in the range of $900 to $1200 for DOC services that include only a couple of weeks(2-4) before the wedding. $500 may not get you what you want. I went with sallie at Monarch wedding & event Planning. Her price ($650) did end up being the lowest for everything I need. Anyway, if i come across an experienced DOC for somewhere near your budget I will let you know.
  • I know what you mean. I know someone who is using Mrs B. at Enchanted Vizions. She is by far the most resonable around.

She said she is awesome during the planning process.

You can email her at:

enchantedvizions@gmail.com
    Call her at 214-707-0775

Check out her website if you like, she is now doing centerpiece rentals as well. I'm sure she will do it around that price and I believe she have her partner with her so you get 2 for the price of one, which is awesome because one can help you get ready  and the other one can be at the reception site.

Check her out, what do you have to lose.

• From my research, sally at monarch has the lowest price by far. I met with her and she seemed wonderful. I did end up going with someone else that cost more because she was more familiar with my venue and had done weddings there before. Otherwise I really likeed Sally and she had great refrences.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• After reading the comments here, I discussed it with my fiancee and he agreed that the price increase was worth it. I've spoken with Sally at Monarch and she seems wonderful. I have a consultation scheduled this week!
  • I used the knot and and most of  my leg work myself and a lot of planning I did myself.  Once I organized my thoughts and did everything I could myself I was able to get my planners to lower their prices because they didn't have much to do but manage the big day and help design the reception, get flowers and create center peices.  I actually have 2 planners.  I have a man planner to work with the groom on all the physical things like setting up, parking, vendors and timing of the entire event.  I have my personal planner who handled decorations, the caterer and bartender and me.  My Photographer who has done planning is helping both planners keep everything moving.  I spent less than $500 on both planners. Wink
  • Well, although the price has increased slightly, she is also running a special, so if all goes well with the consult, I'll be booking her for only $150 over my budgeted 500, and its not all due upfront, so that makes things super easy. 
  • One of my girlfriends used Kayleigh with Lovely Events last year and LOVED her. I think she paid around that much. Here's her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LovelyDayEvents
  • I inquired with Lovely Events & for "DOC" services it was $950.  A bit too much for me.  Im sure I can find someone for less.
  • I used Events by Doyin (www.eventsbydoyin.com)for full service.  Not sure of what they charge for DOC though.
  • I used Heather with Couture wedding events. Awesome team and great price within your budget. http://www.HoustonCoutureEvents.com

2 Souls, 1 Heart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_wedding-coordinator-500-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:f7c11a1a-4de9-4acd-a6b3-1a2b929067a9Post:38d20933-ce69-440a-befa-47eca49b5d0a">Re: Wedding Coordinator- $500 Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]My DOC came with my venue ($300)so I can't really help much but I will see if any of my married friends have any reccomendations.
    Posted by jalafa[/QUOTE]

OMG where did you find a venue for $300?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards