Connecticut

Hair / Makeup Recs near Branford CT

Hi Ladies, 
I'm getting married September 14th at Bill Millers' Castle in Branford.  I had a nightmare a few days ago that I was at the wedding, about to have our photo's taken and realized I forgot to have my hair an makeup done. I got a bit paranoid and figure I should make an appointment ASAP! 

Anyone have any recommendations for hair and makeup in the area?

THANKS!!!
Laura 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hair / Makeup Recs near Branford CT

• I used Imagine by Carleen for makeup - she has hair stylists she works with but I went with a salon local to my wedding (mystic). Her studio is in Branford but she can also travel. Check her out and good luck! 
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    Dana Bartone & Co. in Cheshire (they will also travel).

I used Lauren for hair and Amy for make-up and highy recommend them.
    imageAnniversary
  • Being a little late to book, some of the bigger names may already be booked.  If you don't mind going to a salon, I know Madison Avenue (in Madison) does a good job with hair and make-up, that is where we went for my sister's wedding. In Guilford there is also Christopher's Salon which does a good job.
  • I'm also using Dana Bartone--they'll travel to you.  Can't comment yet on their service b/c my wedding is still 6 months away, but they come really highly recommended. 
  • jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    I am also getting married in Branford but at the Woodwinds, I am using the "Beauty Bar", they travel to you. I just had my trial last week and I was pretty happy with how it turned out just need to make some minor changes on my big day.
  • Jennie Fresa Salon in Clinton - I used Maureen and she was amazing!
  • tracey from epic salon in branford, love her!
  • My daughter went to the J.Renee Salon in Branford for hair and makeup for the entire wedding party last year and they did a great job for a competitive price.  For my next daughter's wedding in three weeks, the mother of the groom and I (mother of the bride) will be going there too.  We had our trial a few weeks back and we looked great!
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I used Larissa Lake. She did a fantastic job and will travel to your location. She only charged mileage which for us last year was .64 per mile.

I looked on her calendar and she has one wedding booked so she (or her team) is still probably available for your day (she had 3 weddings booked on my date last year)

GL!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks, everyone! 

Laura 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards