July 2012 Weddings
Options

Hi Knotties!

I've been engaged since February 19, 2010, and feel in love with The Knot shortly after. We recently picked a date, July 6, 2012, and it's finally close enough that I can start to get serious about planning! I wanted to introduce myself, and see where everyone else is in the planning process. I'd like to start a wedding bio, but am a little overwhelmed, and unsure of how to do this, and what to include.

I look forward to meeting all of you, and sharing ideas and experiences!

Sara

Re: Hi Knotties!

• Options
    Hi!  Welcome to the board and congrats on the wedding!  So far I only have my venue (ceremony and reception) picked out (which includes the catering and baker) and my Save the Dates.

What kinds of ideas do you have for your wedding so far?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Most of us are still in the beginning of the planning process but with biggest parts taken care of. For example most girls have their venues, churches, officiants and some also have photographers, DJs and caterers. Basically the services that go quickly. So if you don't have those yet, you can start there! :)

Do you want a wedding bio or a planning bio? A lot of girls here have planning bios to share details with other knotties about things that you have planned, finished etc. but things that you wouldn't share with guests before the big day. From what I understand the wedding bio is for guests to keep them updated, get info and such. I have a planning bio myself, though I haven't updated in a while lol. I plan to have a wedding bio for guests later once I send my STDs out. So anyway it's up to you. You can look at other knotties' bios to get an idea of what you want to put on your page and which website you would like to use best! Sorry for the long post! HTH! :)
  • Options
    Hi welcome and congratulations!! I have my venue, my photographer, my DJ and my church all picked out. Oue next step is getting our transportation down.

If you need anything  I can answer any questions you may have but the ladies on the July 2012 are very nice and helpful.

Goodluck and happy planning!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi. Congrats and welcome! 

These ae the things I have paid: church, venue, guestboook, florist, makeup artist, dj was included in my package. I'm currently making payments on my photographer. And I know what cake baker I'm going with. I have my dress but its not in yet! Oh ya, and I have my STD's!

Ummm... I think that's it. Looking forward to sharing ideas with you.
  • Options

Thanks everyone!

So far..
    We have started looking at a few venues, and want to have one booked within the next two months. We have decided that we want to have a laid back wedding, that reflects our (somewhat dorky) and fun loving personalities. We will probably go with blue and white for our colors, with yellow as an accent color. I think the colors feel very fresh and summer-y. We also have been to a few bridal shows and won an engagement picture shoot and a free print in canvas for guests to sign. I've also been looking into DIY projects to start soon.
    Thanks for the help about the wedding bios. I think I'm going to start a planning bio now, and have the wedding one later on after details start falling into place.

• Options
    Welcome!!!! Congrats!!! 

If you have any questions check our the July 2012 bio located in my siggy (at the end of my post).  It has "how to's" and a bunch of other helpful things (if you ever have suggestions on things to add to the site feel free to post!).  If you  have any questions, just holler!!  We're a great group of ladies!!!

I have the venues (ceremony and reception), photobooth and the photographer.  STD postcards are done just need to get engagement pics done to order magnets!  and will be asking the WP shortly!!

Again welcome!!  Can't wait to hear about your planning!!
  • Options
    Congrats and Welcome!!
    Our wedding day is also July 6, 2012 YAY!!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome, Sara!!!  

We have our reception venue, baker, florist, and photographer booked.  My dress has been bought as well.  We have everything else picked out (Church, DJ), we just have to book them. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!! We've booked our venue (which includes food and dj), our photographer, and I bought my dress. I'm currently "interviewing" different florists and looking for bridesmaid dresses, and then it's on to the cake! Happy planning :]
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!!
    We have booked our church, reception venue, photographer, a family friend is doing our cake as a wedding present we just need to go and meet with her(give ideas on what we would like), my FI mom does catering(she will be doing ours). I found my dress a few weeks ago just waiting for it to come in:) Me and my BMs started looking at dresses for them. Soon here I am going to start doing some DIY things(card basket, survival kits for the girls, etc.) Happy planning:)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hi-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d075ce5d-1572-4afe-8746-7c4bf6b2ff12Post:54084fa4-0686-4876-a999-3909ee3af781">Hi Knotties!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been engaged since February 19, 2010, and feel in love with The Knot shortly after. We recently picked a date, July 6, 2012, and it's finally close enough that I can start to get serious about planning! I wanted to introduce myself, and see where everyone else is in the planning process. I'd like to start a wedding bio, but am a little overwhelmed, and unsure of how to do this, and what to include. I look forward to meeting all of you, and sharing ideas and experiences! Sara
    Posted by svanculin[/QUOTE]

Sara~ I got engaged on February 23, 2010, and it's gone so fast but I'm excited  to finally get serious about planning too:) We chose July 14th, 2012 and so far picked the vendor, and dj (comes with the package at a good price) and we have an idea of the photographer and church.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been engaged for a while! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards