Idaho

Intro!

Hi Ladies!  My name is Megan and I'm getting married May 14 of 2011 here in Idaho. I'm from Caldwell but our wedding will be in Boise. We're planning an indoor wedding (I don't trust the weather!) I'd like to keep it under 150 but we will see! My FI is from Canada and plays professional football up there so I will have to do most of the narrowing down myself and then present him with 2 or 3 of my choices (a brides dream right??) Any suggestions, tips, bad/good experiences are more than welcome!!

Re: Intro!

• chicha0719chicha0719 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations! I too decided to do indoors just because of the heat!! lucky you on getting to choose everything! Its a lot of work though :) Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! Check out zweddings, they have some good Boise vendors on there I think! Congrats and good luck planning! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Megan! Not to be creepy, but I'm pretty sure you're a friend of my fiance, Alex. Congratulations on your engagement! As you probably know our wedding in in 3 weeks, so after that I'm sure I'll have lots of advice for you! Plus I could give you piles and piles of wedding magazines and stuff from vendors :) If you want to add me as a friend on facebook or something , feel free to talk to me any time about wedding stuff! I'd say talk to alex but as you probably know he does next to nothing and never checks his messages...lol. Oh, and I'm Andrea, by the way!
  • dreambigprodreambigpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely start with Zweddings and the "Green Book" to start getting ideas for venues.  Personally, I would look into the Powerhouse Event Center (although their prices have gone up and they seem to have a lot more extra charges these days), CW Moore Plaza and the Linen Building.  There are other places, but those are pretty good.
  • ma0810ma0810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am Meagan, 24. I am getting married in Lewiston ID in April. I currently live in North Dakota so any help people have would be great!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Check out www.treasurevalleybrides.com, it's a new website and is a resource site for brides. 
    also zweddings.com is useful.  The only bad part about zweddings is they charges vendors to be on their website so it's limited.  Treasurevalleybrides has every place I've ever heard of. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Megan,

We got married at the Bridge Event Center (http://www.bridgeeventcenter.com/) in Boise/Garden City.  It's great because you can rent the entire place, indoor and outdoor for around $1000.  This way you can plan on an outdoor wedding and reception, but have an indoor option available in case of bad weather.  They also have a lot of chairs and tables available included with the rental fee.  You also can go through ANY caterer you choose (a BIG plus in my book).

Good luck!
    Christine
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Megan,

We got married at the Bridge Event Center (http://www.bridgeeventcenter.com/) in Boise/Garden City.  It's great because you can rent the entire place, indoor and outdoor for around $1000.  This way you can plan on an outdoor wedding and reception, but have an indoor option available in case of bad weather.  They also have a lot of chairs and tables available included with the rental fee.  You also can go through ANY caterer you choose (a BIG plus in my book).

Good luck!
    Christine
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MarsarahMarsarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Megan, I'm Sarah. I'm from Minot, live in Austin, Texas and am getting married in CDA on July 31st. Where do you live in ND?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards