Virginia-Richmond

Yummy!

I can't wait until it's time to go cake tasting!  However, I need some suggestions of bakers  around town.  Who are you ladies purchasing your wedding cake from?  Do you have any good or bad reviews of any cake bakeries?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image

Re: Yummy!

• eeforbeseeforbes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not getting my wedding cake here (because I am having an out of town wedding) but I have ordered large cakes before from the Mixing Bowl, and they taste and look great!  If I was in town I would order from them without a doubt.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Cakes by Graham. Large selection of flavors,great craftsmanship, great service, and local.
  • ladydi31ladydi31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Baker's Kitchen. They are southside on the corner of Coutrhouse and HULL st. Yummy cakes and have awesome people that work for them!

• ndenikendenike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buttercream Bee all the way! great price and excellent cake:)
  • edited December 2011

Wow thanks for the info ladies!  That's disappointing to hear about Cakes By Graham, I wonder why the owner would react in such a rude manner.  That's definitely not how to get customers.  So I will look into  Baker's Kitchen and Buttercream Bee!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • ladydi31ladydi31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I can't Believe Cakes By Graham reacted that way, how rude!!!

• tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Cakes by Graham. He's really the only one I looked into using because he knows his cake and is a great designer. I was lucky enough to have gone to parties where they used him and his cakes were always moist and tasty and fabulously done. I haven't had any issues so far in planning/order ing my cake. He does unlimited sampling (yum) since he offers SO many flavors. We finally choose chocolate chocolate chip. Can't wait.
  • tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, if you're looking for something really creative or funky - Shyndigz
  • ChristieNRNChristieNRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Kara at a Cake to Remember. Reasonably priced. Lots of flavors. Great work....
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Westhampton Pastry Shop.  Delicious pound cake and buttercream icing.  FIL took the leftovers (about half the bottom layer) to his office the Monday after the wedding, and it was gone by 10am.
  • To cfaszews25:

I would like to apologize for coming off rude on the phone. I do put a lot of pride into every cake I make and design, and sometimes may take it a little personal that my cakes or business do not fit your needs. For this I am very sorry. I am happy to hear your wedding and cakes turned out great, and again sincerely apologize for any rudeness you may have experienced.

To everyone else:

Please do not let a few bad reviews sway you from seeing for yourself if Cakes By Graham can produce and design the perfect cake for your special occasion.

I meet 1 on 1 with all brides for an hour or more to discuss, design, and determine your needs for the perfect wedding cake. As a wedding cake professional my obligation is to the bride. It is also my professional responsibility to guide brides to the best possible options that fit the circumstance of their wedding.  

I price my cakes on the following characteristics:

·         Flavor

·         Frosting

·         Design

·         Construction

Cakes by Graham generally starts prices at $3.50 a slice, and based on what is wanted out of the characteristics listed above is how price is determined. However, some ingredients cost more than others, and some designs may take more labor hours than others. All in all I try to keep prices as fair as possible and even lower prices a little during the off wedding season. 

If you would like to read more reviews about Cakes by Graham please visit wedding wire here:

http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/cakes-by-graham-richmond/5325a2f43ba6eb78.html

Thank you and hope to work with you for your special day!!!!

- Graham Haddock
    Owner/Baker - Cakes by Graham

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards