Ohio-Toledo

Hey abbeylynne06 or other LaRoy's Hall brides

Are you still here AbbeyLynne?  I have some questions for you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
182 can't wait to partyimage
76 are missing all the funimage

Re: Hey abbeylynne06 or other LaRoy's Hall brides

• edited December 2011
    I certainly am!  What would you like to know?
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I toured LaRoys and really liked it.  The pricing was great.

We didn't go with them because we wanted a place where we could have the ceremony and reception in one location.  Their outdoor ceremony site is really small and not very pretty.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Perrysburg, so it seems a little far for me, but I do have a lot of people flying into Detroit, so it wouldn't be for them.  Are there any nice hotels (in nice areas) around?  Did you go with their DJ service?  I also am not too excited about the menu, are they flexible on the food?  The room looks pretty stunning in pictures.  How were the centerpieces they include?

I'd have to be really wowed to go that far, but I'm trying to expand my horizons because I haven't found "the" place around here that works with our guest list and our budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and is there a service charge on top of the pricing on the website?  I see there's an additional 6% tax, but I didn't see the gratuity like everyone else lists.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!

I don't know too much about hotels in the area.  Our ceremony took place in Ottawa Lake, so most of the OOT guests stayed at hotels in Dundee because it was in between the two.

We did not use any of the DJs that they provided... we used the a la carte or do it yourself package, or whatever they called it.  The food wasn't really memorable either way (for being good or for being bad), but it was good and filling.  Food wasn't a huge consideration for us.  Have you looked over their whole menu?  It's several pages long if I remember correctly.  I also didn't use the centerpieces they provided.  We pretty much just used the space and the food.  It think that most of the centerpieces were combinations of glass bowls and candles?  I really don't remember that well anymore.

The room looked great in pictures, and I love that it was so neutral inside.  It was really easy to make it look how we wanted it to look.  If you haven't been there before, don't expect to be wowed by the outside--it's pretty non-descript.  But, I think the inside makes up for it (especially for the price!).  What kind of price range are you looking at?  The girls on the board might have more recs for you as well.

I'm pretty sure their was a gratuity added as well, but I'm not positive of that.  I can look at the receipts next time I'm in Toledo.

Overall, we were really happy with LaRoy's.

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    When I met with the owner there, he showed me the centerpieces, and I remember them being ugly (in my opinion, anyway.)  I think it was hurricane glasses with like fake flowers??
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're expecting around 185 people, hopefully no more than 200.  Trying not to go over 15k for the reception.  Tony is really not happy with the idea of being so far.  I also really like the Maumee Bay State Park, but I'm worried about their liquor costs.  They do it by consumption, that makes me nervous.  Tony thinks that is too far too.  Grr.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Central Park West?  I thought it was GORGEOUS... just out of our budget (we did 15k for everything, with about the same guest count as you).
  • edited December 2011
    Central Park West is probably at the top of our list.  Personally I preferred the Sylvania Country Club, but Tony thinks it's going to be too small.  My only issues with Central Park West were they offer slightly less for your money as other places and I don't know anyone who has gotten married there, so I can't even have anyone vouch for the quality.  I also don't like that it doesn't have a separate area for the cocktail hour, the bridal suite is like a closet and there is no patio area of any kind. They should have at least made a small patio off the side for smokers.  I know my groomsmen will want to step outside with the groom for a cigar and I hate that they'll be doing it in the parking lot.

I know it sounds super picky, but for that kind of money, I think we should be picky.  We're paying for the majority of the costs ourselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards