September 2012 Weddings

Intro & Survey

Hi, ladies! I'm new to this board and thought that this survey might be fun!

Name/FI's Name:
Ages:
Wedding Date:
Wedding Colors:
Reason for picking a September wedding:
Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement:
Best perk of such a long engagement:
Size of wedding party:
Vendors booked so far:
Projects I'm DIY-ing:
The Happy Couple <3 <br/>
Photobucket

"All began with love; all seeks to return to love. Love is the law, the teacher of wisdom, and the great revealer of mysteries." -Faery teaching

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro &amp;amp; Survey

• pnutkittenpnutkitten member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Brittany & Corey
    Ages: 22 & 23
    Wedding Date: September 22, 2012
    Wedding Colors: White and Pewter, with accents of Sangria and Orange are what we are thinking right now...
    Reason for picking a September wedding: First day of Fall <3
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: Having everyone ask why we are waiting so long....
    Best perk of such a long engagement: ample time to plan every thing the way you both want.
    Size of wedding party: Undecided. Probably 2 on each side.
    Vendors booked so far: None. Looking at venues next month.
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: Invites, and some decor.
    The Happy Couple <3 <br/>
    Photobucket

"All began with love; all seeks to return to love. Love is the law, the teacher of wisdom, and the great revealer of mysteries." -Faery teaching

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI's Name: Erika and Erik - and yes we get comments about it all the time
    Ages: 24 and 22
    Wedding Date: September 15, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Greens, cream and black with accents of plum.
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Erik's sister got married this past December on 12/11/10 - andddd there was a HUGEEEE snowstorm with about two feet of snow by the end of the evening. I wanted a month that there would be no chance of snow in - and since we live on the Wisconsin/Minnesota boarder, our options were limited to June-September.
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: Everyone keeps commenting to me about why I am getting so much planned already - some people think I'm crazy and others (like myself) think I'm being smart and time-efficient.
    Best perk of such a long engagement: I get to spend a lot of time working on my DIY projects that I am excited to get done!
    Size of wedding party: 5 on each side, with a flowergirl and ringbearer
    Vendors booked so far: Ceremony/reception venue, photographer, caterer, and i have my dressssss!
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: Invites and all other stationary, guest book, centerpieces, and bouquets/boutineires [other than my own, that one I am letting the pros do!
    Photobucket
  • Name/FI's Name: Erin & Josh
    Ages: 26 & 28
    Wedding Date: 9/2/12
    Wedding Colors: Navy Blue & Apple Green
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Was my fiance's choice! He was very adament about a September wedding, and who am I to say 'no' to pretty much the only request he has had in regards to planning!
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: Containing my excitement! And every time I book a vendor or go shopping, the employees always say "well you just have sooooo much time". Ugh.
    Best perk of such a long engagement: We can make sure that we do things our way! We can take our time, get the vendors we want, and we can afford to be nit-picky without too much of a timeline.
    Size of wedding party: 3 BM, 2 GM, 1 FG, 1 RB
    Vendors booked so far: Venue, caterers, photographers, DJ, my dress!
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: All paper stuff (invites, programs, STDs...everything!), "tears of joy" packets, my hair piece, my FG's tu-tu, table runners, all flowers except bridal bouquet.  whew!
  • edited May 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Lori & Tim
    Ages: 31 & 33
    Wedding Date: September 29
    Wedding Colors: Plum, Lavender and Black
    Reason for picking a September wedding: It's the same date as my parents wedding anniversary and since my mom is passed we thought it would be a nice way to honor her.
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: I agree with Erika
    in that some people think I'm crazy for having so much planned already!
    Best perk of such a long engagement: Plenty of time to save money so we can have it paid off by the time it's here
    Size of wedding party: 2 MOHs, 2 BM, 1 FG
    Vendors booked so far: church, reception, caterer, photographer, videographer, DJ, hair and make up for myself and bridal party and I'm just waiting on a contract from our florist to officially have him booked! (I love planning
    Smile)
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: Probably invitations...my FMIL is helping me...I'm not crafty at all
  • Name/FI's Name: Shannon and John
    Ages: 25 and 27
    Wedding Date: 9-22-12
    Wedding Colors: Navy blue and ?
    Reason for picking a September wedding: I've always loved fall...especially in Michigan where I'm from.
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: I get excited and want to plan things that I can't really plan yet!
    Best perk of such a long engagement: I live in Texas (wedding is in Michigan) so I need extra time!
    Size of wedding party: 3 on each side
    Vendors booked so far: Ceremony (outdoor courtyard), Reception, Dress
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: I'm not sure yet... It might be kind of tricky for me to DIY too much since I live out of state...we'll see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2011
    Name/FI's Name:  Sarah & Kendall
    Ages: Both 23
    Wedding Date: Sept. 15, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Champange & light pink with light green accents
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Wanted a summer wedding but didn't want it to be really hot either. We also wanted to have our house done and we are starting to build it this year.
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: The looks we get from people when we tell them our date.
    Best perk of such a long engagement: Saving money & having time to find exactly what we want for the wedding.
    Size of wedding party: 3 bridesmaid & 3 groomsmen
    Vendors booked so far: Working on booking venue and church this summer. Have photographer & D.J.
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: Flowers, I am doing my own bouquets and centerpiece.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI's Name:  Jessica and Roland
    Ages: 28 and 30
    Wedding Date: 09/08/12
    Wedding Colors: White and Black with accents of Red
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Getting married in beach town and this is the first weekend after their "peak season" so it is cheaper for hotels since we will have quite a few out of town guests...we originally wanted Aug...
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: Comments like "well not rushing huh".... and just containing the excitement and I am a rather impatient person
    Best perk of such a long engagement:  We have plenty of time to plan things the way we want.  We have a tight budget as we are paying for most of it ourselves so gives me plenty of time to get good deals and do DIY projects.
    Size of wedding party: 3 on each side, FG, and RB
    Vendors booked so far: Ceremony & Reception Venue and Caterer.  Photographer is a family member. Have DJ & Videographer picked out just need to get the contract done.
    Projects I'm DIY-ing:
      All stationary (invites/all enclosure cards, programs, STDs), bouquets & boutonnieres being done by groom's aunt (except B & G), maybe a few other as they come up.
    Anniversary
  • Name/FI's Name: Jennifer & Justin

Ages: 35 &38

Wedding Date: Was 9/8 but looking at changing to 9/1

Wedding Colors: green and yellow

Reason for picking a September wedding: We want an outdoor wedding.  Spring the weather is too unpredictiable.   Like last night we had a tornado warning.   Summer is too hot.  We figure the weather starts to cool off in September.

Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: Long engagement?  This feels like not enough time.   Maybe I am just overwhelmed.  FI seems to think we have ALL the time in the world.  I planned my first wedding in 20 days.   My cousin was enaged 2 1/2 years.  So to me this feels about right.

Best perk of such a long engagement: I can pick what I want.  I don't have to worry that venues I might want are all booked and I have to take plan W because A-V are all booked. 

Size of wedding party: Grooms side, no clue.  I know he has picked a best man and my oldest son as a groomsman.  So at least 2.  I have 2 bridesmaids and 2 jr bridesmaids.  

Vendors booked so far: NONE!!!!  That is what freaks me out.

Projects I'm DIY-ing: Invities, Save the dates, possibly fans, possibly the flowers.  What can I say I am a DIY kind of girl.  Oh and some of the catering.
  • Name/FI's Name: Alaina and Jason Ages: 28 and 34 Wedding Date: 9-08-12 Wedding Colors: keep going back and forth between two sets of color combos... Either red and burnt orange or green and chocolate brown Reason for picking a September wedding: he hates the heat, i hate the cold, and spring is too unpredictable. Plus my mom is a planner at work (not a wedding planner though lol), so we had to work around her schedule. Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: i am impatient. Best perk of such a long engagement: I am paying for it, so it gives me plenty of time to save up. Also gives my mom and I time to get together, since we are both very busy with our work schedules. Size of wedding party: 3 on each side and a rb Vendors booked so far: venue for ceremony and reception. I know who my florist will be, but havent booked them (family friend). Projects I'm DIY-ing: dont know yet
  • Name/FI's Name: Alyssa & Anthony

Ages: 24 & 30

Wedding Date: September 21, 2012

Wedding Colors: Spiced wine and burnt orange with hints of lime.

Reason for picking a September wedding: That will be our 8 year anniversary, we liked the idea of being able to keep the same date.

Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: I want to plan everything and do everything right now! I am so impatient.

Best perk of such a long engagement: The ability to save $$ and to get first pick of all the vendors.

Size of wedding party: 5 on each side

Vendors booked so far: Nada! We are still looking :)

Projects I'm DIY-ing: Centerpieces and probably anything else I can get my hands on without screwing up.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    WELCOME!  :)

Name/FI's Name:  Paulette/AJ

Ages: 43/49

Wedding Date:  9/1/12

Wedding Colors: 
    Champagne, Chocolate, Berry, and a hint of Lemon                                                                                              

I love that time of the year but the main reason is
    September best accomodated both of our work schedules.

Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement

Having to wait to say "I DO".  It seems like it will be
    forever before my wedding day.
    Ugh.

More time to pay and/or save for everything. 
    More time to research and pick vendors.

Size of wedding party: 
    1 MOH, 3 BMs, 1 Best Man, 3 GMs, 2 FGs = 10

Vendors booked so far: 
    Venue, Photographer, and event designer

I'm DIY-ing: 
    I am going to attempt to do the STDs and maybe
    the table names but that's all.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Name/FI's Name:  Felicia and Michael
    Ages:
      24 - 28
    Wedding Date: 09-14-2012
    Wedding Colors: White,Silver and Pale Pink 

Not to cold, not to warm. I wanted Aug/Sept and he want Sept/Oct ...So we both agreed on Sept !

Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement

I highly dislike saying, oh I'm getting married in Sept....Of next year !
    We have more time to look into everything and get to make some deals for booking early :)

Size of wedding party: 
    Three Bridesmaids,One maid Of Honor - Three groomsmen,One Bestman
    Vendors booked so far: 
    Venue,Photographer,Videographer,DJ,Florist
    I'm DIY-ing: 
    Thank You sign (Done)
    Birdcage Decor (Done)
  • Name/FI's Name: Keshia and Steve
    Ages: 24/26
    Wedding Date: September 15, 2012
    Wedding Colors:
    Navy blue and white with hints of pink an green
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Best weather for an outdoor wedding where we live
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: The wait
    Best perk of such a long engagement: Taking my time with planning
    Size of wedding party: Unfortunately 8 on each side (I didn't want that many but that's what it wound up being)
    Vendors booked so far: Venue, catering, photographer, band, and videographer
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: Not sure yet
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI's Name: Katey & Joe
    Ages: 30 & 33
    Wedding Date: September 9, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Cornflower Blue & Kiwi Green
    Reason for picking a September wedding: It's the date of the first time Joe told me he loved me. Since he accuses me often of not being sentimental it shocked him that I remembered this day and chose it. :) Point for me!!!
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: We've been engaged for a year and a half already and I thought the long engagement was a great idea....that was until we really started planning and I started getting so excited!!
    Best perk of such a long engagement: Paying for pretty much everything upfront, being able to book our first choice venues, and being able to focus on traveling for the last couple of years.
    Size of wedding party: Six on each side
    Vendors booked so far: Wedding Site, Reception Site, & Catering
    Projects I'm DIY-ing:
    Sadly I am not too crafty but,  since we're getting married in Vegas flowers are included in our wedding site package, and our reception venue is a Nightclub so we will be doing minimal decorating.
    "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • yogiebhillyogiebhill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Name/FI's name: Yalonda and Andre
    Ages: 37 and 46
    Wedding date: September 1, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Burnt Orange and Chocolate Brown
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Not as hot here in Kansas City, and wanted a long wedding weekend.
    Biggest annoyance of having such a long engagement: None
    Best perk of having such a long engagement: Allows us to pay it off without the stress.
    Size of wedding party: At least six.......so far Wink
    Vendors booked so far: None
    Projects I'm DIY-ing myself: Not sure yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI's name: Lindsey and Nick
    Ages: 25/26
    Wedding date: September 8, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Platinum Grey  and Apple Green
    Reason for picking a September wedding: We are getting married on exactly 5 years to the day of our first date!
    Biggest annoyance of having such a long engagement: Not being able to plan the things I want to right away!
    Best perk of having such a long engagement: Being able to pay for it all and not go into debt.
    Size of wedding party: Right now we are planning 5 or 6 on each side not including flower girl/girls and ring bearer.
    Vendors booked so far: Reception venue is booked and church will be booked tomorrow. I also have my dress!
    Projects I'm DIY-ing myself: I am not very creative but FI will be creating all the pater related items save the dates, programs, invites etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Jason
    Ages:  28 and 39
    Wedding Date: 9/8/12
    Wedding Colors: navy blue, shades of pink and purple
    Reason for picking a September wedding:  September is my fav month.
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement:  prices go up
    Best perk of such a long engagement: time to save & get the details right
    Size of wedding party: 6 bm and 6 gm this might end up at 7 & 7
    Vendors booked so far: venue, dj, photog, video
    Projects I'm DIY-ing:
    invites and maybe programs.
  • Name/FI's Name: Shawna & Bryan
    Ages:24/26
    Wedding Date: Sometime in september! We are doing JOP this year and we arent sure yet so whatever date that ends up being next year.
    Wedding Colors: Our original colors were lt gold, wine, and sangria, but weve been playing around with doing splashes of brights pinks and blues
    Reason for picking a September wedding: weve played with alot of different months but sept will be when were finally living together and it isnt too cold or snowy yet were aiming for an outdoor reception.
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: I dont feel like I can start yet. My FI looks at me like im crazy when I want to start  booking stuff.
    Best perk of such a long engagement: Being able to save money and pay for it as we go, instead of going into debt.
    Size of wedding party: 3 bm's, 2 fg's, 1 rb, and unsure on gm
    Vendors booked so far: Nothing! We have to see what date we end up with!
    Projects I'm DIY-ing: Any and Everything possible. Im not very crafty but we are paying for everything so we need to save where we can.

• Name/FI's Name: Lela and Clint
    Ages: 38/39
    Wedding Date: 9/2/12 baby!
    Wedding Colors: Cornflower blue, Daffodil yellow and Ivory
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Using the holiday weekend to bring everyone together plus FI's side is HUGE!! Plus it's HOT is Florida.  I will NOT be a sweaty bride - LOL!!
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement:  None really except when I fall off the wagon and stop planning for spells at a time.
    Best perk of such a long engagement:  Planning it out without so much stress
    Size of wedding party: 3 BMs, 1 MOH; 3 GMs, 1 BM
    Vendors booked so far: Venue, DJ, Photographer, Planner
    Projects I'm DIY-ing:
    Invites, paper, some other things - TBD
    80 said yes image
  • Name/FI's Name: Alyssa & Tom
    Ages: 21 & 25 (will be 22 & 26)
    Wedding Date: 9/1/2012
    Wedding Colors: Yellow and chartreuse/lime green
    Reason for picking a September wedding: Wanted a summer wedding but didnt want it to be too warm so Sept seemed good. After we picked the date we found out it would be the 100th anniversary of my great grandparents.
    Biggest annoyance of such a long engagement: Same as others and mostly people saying I am doing so much too soon but I feel like I am just doing things in a timely manner
    Best perk of such a long engagement: Having time to save for the wedding and a house
    Size of wedding party: 4 on each side
    Vendors booked so far: Ceremony/Reception space, DJ, Caterer, Photographer
    Projects I'm DIY-ing:
    Centerpieces, aisle runner
    64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards