North Carolina
Options

Questions About Victorian Villa Inn!

So let me start out by saying I am new here and I need to properly introduce myself at some point!  I will do a short one here!

I am Amanda and my FI Kyle and I currently live in Austin, TX but as we are both from the Charlotte-area, we are choosing to get married there.  I made several trips home and decided to book the Victorian Villa Inn.  My sister attended a wedding there recently and now I have a few concerns, but of course I've already paid all of my deposits and we're having a wedding there either way!

So for those of you who got married there and don't mind answering a few questions for me, I'd appreciate it!!  Were things exactly what you thought they'd be?  My biggest concern is them not having enough seats for all of the guests during the ceremony and reception.  This happened at the wedding my sister was at.  I was also told we could have our dogs as ringbearer's but at the wedding my sis attended, the owners yelled at children for playing in the grass.

So I guess I am just looking for some type of reassurance that there was something going on with this particular wedding and the venue is the same place I booked!  Thank you in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair

Re: Questions About Victorian Villa Inn!

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would imagine that the chairs thing is a miscommunication between the Inn and the bride/groom/wedding coordinator/whomever was in charge of telling the Inn how many chairs would be needed.  If they've told you the space seats 100 and you have 150 people show up, of couse there are not going to be enough places for people to sit. 

As for the dog thing, I'd just clarify it again with the space.  I'm not familiar with the Inn, so I'm not sure if the ceremony would be taking place outside or if the Inn is generally pet friendly or what.  But I'd just shoot your contact there an e-mail just to double-check.

Welcome to the NC board :) Hope you stick around. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there any mention of animals/using dogs in your contract? If there isn't, I would ask the vendor to add onto your contract that it has been okayed for you to have animals present at the ceremony/reception. That way there is no mix-up on your wedding day if you are dealing with a completely different person than you dealt with previously.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah -- the dogs are in my contract I just got a bit nervous when my sister mentioned this stuff from this weekend!

I am figuring it was all miscommunication but I am such a worrier (which goes super-well with wedding planning!) that I get myself worked up over nothing!

And thanks for the welcomes!  I plan to stick around -- my FI will be glad for me to talk to other people about our wedding than him!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will never understand the rationale behind thinking people should stay off grass--unless its newly planted/seeded or something, IT'S GRASS!  And kids are supposed to play in grass.  Would the owners rather have them running through the inn where I am sure there were breakable things?  Hopefully those kids were just being super obnoxiuous and the owners aren't normally like that.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_questions-victorian-villa-inn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:938a3cea-0349-4927-972f-bd2f320482e3Post:43140678-b181-47cb-aa45-32edeae3f883">Re: Questions About Victorian Villa Inn!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will never understand the rationale behind thinking people should stay off grass--unless its newly planted/seeded or something, IT'S GRASS!  And kids are supposed to play in grass.  Would the owners rather have them running through the inn where I am sure there were breakable things? <strong> Hopefully those kids were just being super obnoxiuous and the owners aren't normally like that</strong>.  Good luck!
    Posted by Beth0882[/QUOTE]

This too.  I can see "kids, quit playing on the grass" as code for "stop screaming and go sit with your parents". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would voice all of your concerns with the people from the Inn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey send me an email at jaguter0724@gmail.com if you want. I just got married there a little over a week ago.

I absolutely loved it but I did have just a few concerns, but if you know about them then you can be prepared.
    -Jessie
  • Options
    jmhopkins4jmhopkins4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that this is an old thread.  But my FH and I are getting married there next year.  My e-mail is jmhopkins4@aol.com.  We are concerned about the decorations he said he supplies.  I cannot seem to get a straight answer on what he has nor can I get any pictures.  Also, I would love to know the over all experience and if you felt that the 4 hour limit was enough. 
    It would be great to hear from you,
    Julia
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julia - most of the ladies in this thread haven't posted in months.  You may have better luck starting a new thread.

ETA: and now I see that you've done this already.  You might want to edit your post, "Newby" doesn't really indicate to someone what you're going for, ya know?
  • Options
    jmhopkins4jmhopkins4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards