Pennsylvania-Central

Pheasant Run B&B & Two Room receptions

Does anyone have any experience or heard any stories about Pheasant Run B&B?  We are about to pay our deposit, but thought I'd make sure there aren't any bad stories. 

Also, the only thing I really don't like about it is to fit our guests (about 125) we'd have to use two adjoining rooms.  There is a small entryway in between, but does anyone have opinions about having two separate rooms?  Is it weird to not see the bride and groom if you are in the other room? 

Re: Pheasant Run B&B & Two Room receptions

• edited December 2011
    Hello!

I haven't worked with PRF, but I did go to a wedding there. And, I agree with you! The two seperate rooms are a little weird. It also makes the sound kind of weird (if you are having a DJ or ipod). Other than the layout, I really enjoyed it. It's great that you can choose your own caterer and there are lots of places to take photos. Hopefully you get a nice sunny day so that your guests can walk aroudn the grounds.

I don't have any suggestions for the layout, sorry! The wedding I went to only have 50 guests. If it's just for dinner, I don't think it will be much of a problem.

For the PRICE of PRF, I think it's a fantastic place to get married. Nice grounds and tasteful decor.
  • edited December 2011
    We are very close to this Pheasent Run and almost decided to have our reception there. I agree that the place is beautiful! The grounds are perfect for pictures, espcecially that cute little bird nest thing! I fell in love with everything about it, except the small entry way between the two rooms. Our guest count would have been right on the line of not fitting, although we could have had a tent outside or something. I liked the option of our own caterer.
    So to answer your question.. I've heard nothing bad about the B&B. The only reason we chose not to have it there was because of the seperation between rooms seemed a little weird. We thought that the rooms could be okay if some guests don't want to dance and just socialze but there really wasn't any dancing room or a good way to be introduced as man and wife for the first time if you have a large amount of people seated in both rooms.
    Anyway, I'm sure your wedding will be wonderful there as long as your comfortable with whole the rooms are split!!! :]
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed their for my daughter's wedding weekend (she got married at the groom's home not far away) and it was wonderful!  The photos taken there were beautiful!

My daughter's best man actually had his reception there several months earlier, but they only had a small guest list-50-75 tops, so the guests sat in one room, and the buffet and cake were in the other room.

We were at a wedding at Lauxmont (sp?) Farms at the Rotunda-and we were seated in the room off to the side.  It was rather awkward-we couldn't see anything of what was going on, and we kinda felt like we were 'second rate'.

As much as I love Pheasant Run- if your guests don't all fit into one room, find another venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards