Christian Weddings
Options

i picked my cake!!!! (: delicious!

So... we picked our cake! it was funny because FI wasn't to happy about this task. 
His Gma is a cake decorater  and some of you may remember that she was totally not willing to work with me. She already picked out our flavors without me even TRYING them or giving suggestions - at first she wasn't even gonna TELL me the flavors she said "its a surprise!" uh no... not for my wedding. lol. And she wouldn't let me pick the style of the cake either. THIS is what she wanted it to look like. 

nope! i don't think so. i think it looks like a Quincierra cake from the 80s. She was soo unwilling to budge on what SHE wanted... so we ended up telling her (nicely) that we wanted all family just to relax on the wedding and not be responsible for anything. and we hired someone to do it. but martin is having a hard time with us paying $330 for a cake we could have got for free. but oh well. lol. 

it was funny because we are looking at pictures of cakes while the lady is getting our samples and my FI finds a cake that he likes and says "this is nice. i like this." 
now remember...i have already had a meeting with the cake lady and picked things out. haha. Martin picks the SAME style that i had already picked out! lol. Here is what we picked... but not with as many flowers. it will be stacked, butter cream, 4-tier cake with alternating swirls and dots on each tier. 

The same thing happened with our flavors. lol. The flavor i picked for FI is the one he LOVED! hehe. We are having it for out top tier too (which we will eat on our 1 year) here are our flavors:
top tier - Strawberry cake with Bavarrian Cream
2nd tier - Champagne cake with Strawberry filling (i didnt think i would like this but it was really good!)
3rd tier - Chocolate cake with caramel filling
4th tier - Strawberry cake with Bavarrian cream

yummy! Tomorrow we are picking out tuxes! 

Re: i picked my cake!!!! (: delicious!

• Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omgosh it sounds SOOO yummy!!! (and looks really pretty too) I love that you and FI are on the same page about everything. That's so great for you guys!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks! hehe. i was worried because i did a lot of the planning without him... and i LOVE this wedding! lol. and i really want him to love it too. 

he actually picked all the flavors! i picked what we would try and then he picked from there. hehe. (:
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's just a little after 8 AM, I'm sitting in my lab alone, and now I want cake! Thanks, Monica :P

I'm happy you guys got that out of the way and you got what you wanted. I agree about the other cake...quinceanera from the 80s!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    totally right, mrsbrist?? hahaha. eeww...i did not like it all. i really like simple elegance. (: 

i am curious now what everyone else is having? let me know what flavors you are having and pics. (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_picked-cake-delicious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:37637d6e-df80-48b2-a220-6f0b2f0ff277Post:6be9526c-8463-4e1e-ba3c-47b58a809c2e">Re: i picked my cake!!!! (: delicious!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's just a little after 8 AM, I'm sitting in my lab alone, <strong>and now I want cake</strong>! Thanks, Monica :P I'm happy you guys got that out of the way and you got what you wanted. I agree about the other cake...quinceanera from the 80s!
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I know right!! It sounds wonderful. Glad you two are both on the same page on style and flavors!!

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a pic in my sig of my inspiration for my "cake."  The top tier will be vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and a fondant covering.  There will then be 8 dozen vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, 5 dozen chocolate cupcakes with vanilla (or white chocolate) buttercream, and 5 dozen red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing.  I'm super excited, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh...i love it amanda!!! i kinda wish we did cupcakes cuz i think its sooo cute! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sounds delicious! so much strawberry!!!! :D
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know. haha. my FI really loves strawberry!!! haha. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, the design like the first picture...

But with square teirs like the second picture!

The top layer is going to be gluten free for me (I can't tell you how excited I am about that). It's going to be lemon with white frosting with a hint of lemon. Everything will be that flavor because I'm boring :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the style you chose and the flavors sound delicious!  Of course, I'm biased - we had a stacked square cake too.

The cake Martin's grandma was going to make you is the cake that H's cousin's wife's grandma (get that?!) did make for them.  In 2003.  I wish i were kidding.  It was 7 layers for 150 people and dry as all get out.  She also used every single cake decoration she had, I think.  She then yelled at me for cutting the pieces too big because "there won't be enough!"  We couldn't give that cake away, I think there were 3.5 or 4 layers left over.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_picked-cake-delicious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:37637d6e-df80-48b2-a220-6f0b2f0ff277Post:40b61b91-7b60-4c92-89d8-6c9cf18d1d6d">Re: i picked my cake!!!! (: delicious!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the style you chose and the flavors sound delicious!  Of course, I'm biased - we had a stacked square cake too. <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ff00ff">The cake Martin's grandma was going to make you is the cake that H's cousin's wife's grandma (get that?!) did make for them.</font>  In 2003.  I wish i were kidding.  It was <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ff00ff">7 layers for 150 people</font> and dry as all get out.  She also used every single cake decoration she had, I think.  She then yelled at me for <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ff00ff">cutting the pieces too big because "there won't be enough!" </font> We couldn't give that cake away, I think there were 3.5 or 4 layers left over.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>haha. i am sorry but i literally laughed out loud at work when i read this!!!! 
    that is great. ya...i think its the most ugliest cake ever! the best part is that martin said that he liked it!! what?????????? </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mrsbrist - i think your cake will be lovely and delicious!!! (: (: 

what are your colors again?
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That first cake is an outdated disaster! haha..

The cake you both picked looks awesome and the flavors sound yummy! Congrats on such a great check!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monica, don't worry, h and I still laugh about that cake.  I should scan a photo and post it for you, you'd love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahah. ya the cake is hideous! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Different shades of pink and grey. There's black pipe and drape in the hangar, but that'll be the only black there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh i love it!!!! (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_picked-cake-delicious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:37637d6e-df80-48b2-a220-6f0b2f0ff277Post:b5523dec-434a-47b4-84d0-ab329de9b882">Re: i picked my cake!!!! (: delicious!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Monica, don't worry, h and I still laugh about that cake.  I should scan a photo and post it for you, you'd love it.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

I want to see a picture!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Monica! That's so cool that you agreed on everything! You're definitely soulmates! 

We haven't picked our flavors yet. As for the design, I told the cake baker what I had in mind and she drew the coolest sketch for us. It will be 3 tiers (with a kitchen cake in the back for any more we may need- to save money) round cake with fondant icing and fondant circles/polka dots all over it in our wedding colors (orange, royal blue and turquoise). Each layer will have a thin ribbon of icing at the top and there will be a big fondant bow at the top (sounds ugly, but it's really cute!) Then, going across a large part of the front will be a flat , big flower in fondant. It's really hard to explain and I don't have a pic since she just did a sketch. I will post pics after the wedding in July! 
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It looks perfect (the second picture) and sounds amazing!!  :)  After the meeting with our baker last week, I'm so excited for ours!  It really has been my favorite part of the planning!  Congrats on the check!! 

~Emily
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards