Washington-Seattle
Options

photography students? non-traditional options?

We're planning a tiny non-traditional wedding and I'm starting to look for the right photographer. We will only have 9 people in attendance and no pre-wedding photography. We want ceremony photos only (the reception is just dinner at a restaurtant). The site will be outdoors and we're mostly interested in someone to capture the tone of the event without being on top of us. 

I'm interested in seeing if there's a photography student or other up-and-comer. This won't be a huge event or terribly long but I don't want to ask the few special guests to worry about pictures.

Re: photography students? non-traditional options?

• Options
    Are you wanting to know for a photography student because you need it to be in a tight budget? 

This is a friend of a friend oh mine.. I don't really know her but I have seen her to a lot of my friends' stuffs. Her name is jackie, and while really young, I'm impressed with her work. 

I don't know her prices, but I can't imagine she would charge a lot as she is still young and building a portfolio. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_photography-students-non-traditional-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:0330cc0e-73ff-4473-a584-44c7aadcf6c0Post:6d0d0c5a-6a4f-4208-adda-885b178bac95">Re: photography students? non-traditional options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you wanting to know for a photography student because you need it to be in a tight budget?  This is a friend of a friend oh mine.. I don't really know her but I have seen her to a lot of my friends' stuffs. Her name is jackie, and while really young, I'm impressed with her work.  <a href="http://www.vintagebirdphotography.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.vintagebirdphotography.blogspot.com/</a> I don't know her prices, but I can't imagine she would charge a lot as she is still young and building a portfolio. 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm willing to pay more, but we want to have a kind of impromptu wedding. We won't pick the weekend until 2 weeks prior, and probably won't pick the day & time of day until the weekend. A professional wedding photographer books up solid and doesn't tend to have that kind of flexibility. I assume students would be more accomadating and willing to have more of an adventure, since it would pay and build their portfolio. I don't really want to pay for an entire DAY of wedding stuff when we only have 1 hour TOTAL of ceremony & pics.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've considered asking friends who are hobbyists but I'm not sure I want to invite a friend to photograph, but I wouldn't have invited them to the tiny ceremony. It's socially sticky.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the link. I'll check out her stuff.</div>
  • Options
    My husband does wedding photography on the side - his website is twophotography.com if interested - he now does it more as a hobby or for friends' weddings so that might work better if you need a last minute photographer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards