Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Hosting my own party?

I don't know how I am suppose to feel. My future mother-in-law is throwing my fiance's step-brother's girlfriend's baby shower and has thrown a wedding shower for his step-brother's fiance.  My mother-in-law makes a point of making me feel miserable. No matter what I do it is not right, and she treats me horrible compared to her step-sons other half. My sister can't through me a shower because she lives all way in Col. and she doesn't have the money too. Then, my mom flat does not have clue and she thinks that wedding showers are not needed. She is from Germany, so if any of you have a German mom you know where i am coming from!

Then the rest of my family is nagging me about having a shower, but no one wants to get it in gear and get the ball rolling.

To be honest, I don't need anything. We have everything that we need. Yes new dishes, glasses, silverware and some baking sheets and other things would be awesome, but we don't need it. What we have is just fine and their is nothing wrong with our things. So, I was thinking of hosting a luncheon at my home so everyone could get to know one another. Then also to I can show that wicked-witch of the west that she is not going to rain on my parade.( And yes, I call my future mother-in-law the wicked witch of the west in front of my fiance and he does not even like her as a person.)

Re: Hosting my own party?

• Options
    It's perfectly fine to host a get together or lunch in. Do not call it a shower ot do anything wedding related during it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You can host a party but don't call it a shower. Showers are intended to "shower" the bride with gifts and if you don't need anything then what's the point of calling it a shower? You can have a luncheon with some light finger food and some music. Frankly, if your FMIL treats you the way you're describing then you should check out of the emotional investment you have on her. It's much easier to go through life not caring what certain people think of you. You said in your other post that you're an army brat and learned to go with the flow, so do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards