New Jersey

Yay! Booked The Manor West Orange! Vendor recs needed...photog!

so, my BFF (the Bride) booked the manor!  so excited.  Now I need to help with photographers that are awesome and affordable. 
 DJ too (heard alot about gemini and Jam) ...? We have an appt with Eclipse.  Anybody heard of them?

So! Can you recommend or your vendors?  I would love to use business that has been to The Manor before...

And should the photog have a videographer as well or would that be seperate?  Who are you using?

Thank you so much!!!

Re: Yay! Booked The Manor West Orange! Vendor recs needed...photog!

• Congrats! We are getting married at The Park Savoy, not The Manor, but we booked David E Starke as our photographer who is the house photographer for The Manor (his office is downstairs in the Manor). I did a ton of research and felt that his quality was good and you got a lot for your money compared to some other photographers. He is also really down to earth and easy to talk to. Worth checking out since he does a ton of weddings there. The videographer that he works closely with was booked for our date, so we booked someone completely separate but I don't think it will be a problem.
    Valerie512
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_yay-booked-the-manor-west-orange-vendor-recs-neededphotog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:300d4678-7329-4e81-96c1-f98f4a32f908Post:a6106dfb-28e3-489f-8d74-0725d6602b42">Yay! Booked The Manor West Orange! Vendor recs needed...photog!</a>:
    [QUOTE]so, my BFF (the Bride) booked the manor!  so excited.  Now I need to help with photographers that are awesome and affordable.   DJ too (heard alot about gemini and Jam) ...? We have an appt with Eclipse.  Anybody heard of them? So! Can you recommend or your vendors?  I would love to use business that has been to The Manor before... And should the photog have a videographer as well or would that be seperate?  Who are you using? Thank you so much!!!
    Posted by matronofmanoly[/QUOTE]

Are you her wedding planner too?  Otherwise generally the bride and groom research and book the vendors themselves.
  • We booked Jam as our DJ...wedding is in Feb so I can't comment on the actual wedding yet.  But everything up until now has been great.  They are very responsive, professional, and competitively priced.
  • Love the manor, my best friedn got married there and the wedding we great!!
    Eclipse, I have seen them at a wedding, they were OK, I have been to a wedding with Elite and they are GREAT, totally packed dance floor all night

Phone 201.843.8003 // Fax 201.843.8053
    Info@EliteSoundEntertainment.com

As for photo video, we did not use a video,  but for photo try Matthew Douglas Photo, his work is great, he has great reviews on weddingwire,
    www.matthewdouglas.net

Good Luck!!!
  • I know a great company that does video and photography together (which makes everything so much simpler!) Their quality is amazing and they are quick with editing and everything. And best of all, they are kind and affordable!
    I am not sure if they have been the The Manor, but I do know that they have been to Park Savoy and are very great at capturing the essence of the wedding and its venue!

Definitely check them out! www.veilproductions.com
  • Congrats!  Our photographer and videographer was Photography by Orlando in Nutley.  He and his staff are amazing and really fun to work with.  We used Diverse Entertainment as our DJ and photobooth.  Everyone at our wedding was dancing all night and had so much fun with the photobooth.  I highly recommend both!
  • gelaine22gelaine22 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    I am using Elite Sound for DJ and I met with and booked my DJ on the spot after meeting with Posh Entertainment and SCE.

Photographer: KS Photo Studio out of Rochelle Park, NJ....Kinga is great and she gave me an excellent price for everything I wanted!

Good Luck!

ETA: I should've said that I am booked at the Grove and not the Manor but most of the vendors have all done events at the Manor since it is such a popular choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just booked Gemini and i was super impressed with their professionalism. They talked us thru everything, answered all of our questions and really gave my fiance and i exactly what we were looking for and we were able to stay within our budget. They received great reviews so I'm eager to have them play at our wedding!!
  • The Manor will give the couple an information packet of preferred vendors. I don't know anything about them, but it is another starting point.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Congrats! The biggest obstacle is out of the way! We are going with Erica Lyn Photography www.ericalynphotography.com

We met her 2 weeks ago and loved her creative approach. She also shoots a lot of fashion stuff so we liked that! She travels everywhere. Meeting with videographers this weekend. 

Good Luck! 
  • Congrats! The biggest obstacle is out of the way! We are going with Erica Lyn Photography www.ericalynphotography.com

We met her 2 weeks ago and loved her creative approach. She also shoots a lot of fashion stuff so we liked that! She travels everywhere. Meeting with videographers this weekend. 

Good Luck! 
  • thank you everyone!
    Yes...I am helping her plan.  I am 7 years out from my own wedding and was a DIY bride.  She is planning this from NYC so I'm her point person:)) I love wedding planning though...so I feel like I'm the bride:)  I do all the research and throw recs to her...she looks through and meets them and then decides.  I couldn't do it without you girls though!
    I was Kelly&Pete in the NYC and Rhode Island local boards back in 2005.  I planned the whole wedding from the knot and my ciy board.  So grateful for all your advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards