Snarky Brides
Options

Ryan's Roses

For anyone that doesn't know, Ryan Seacrest has a morning radio show here in L.A. He has a segment called "Ryan's Roses." Where woman call up asking for Ryan's help in finding out if their man (bf, fi, husband) is cheating on them. Ryan has a woman call them and offer the men a free dozen roses to anyone they would like. All she needs is a name and what to put on the card.

Hopefully the man will say his significant other's name, but most of the time, they do not.

This morning made me say "WTF?!" out loud in my car. The guy has been engaged to his gf for 7 years and been together 9 years. Well to make a long story short, he sent the roses to a girl named "Rosi." Rosi is his FI's cousin AND MOH. He said all they did was kiss but he still wants to get married to his FI.

Hope she dumps him and changes the locks before he comes home.

Re: Ryan's Roses

• Options
    I hope his FI listens to the radio show today. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We had a war of the roses in DC. People got caught all the time. Sarah- I think his fiancé is the one that calls the show to have Ryan call her significant other. She was probably on the line the whole time. jcb- I am so gullible that even though deep down I know they have to be fake, I fall for it every week. Hana
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This isn't the same thing but I was watching Anderson cooper one day and he did a show on a website where anyone could call anyone else out for having STDs, even if they didn't have them. Three women came on the show to confront the website guy. One of the ladies had her picture posted on it with her 9 year old son and the post was about how she had AIdS or something. So fucked up because the website isn't against the law.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You know what show is fucking awesome?  Cheaters.  Whenever I'm feeling white trashy I watch that shiit.
    panther
  • Options
    Oh and by the way?  I hate Ryan Seacrest.  Douche is fucking everywhere, all the fucking time.  Every word that comes out of his mouth - bleh.  He annoys the piss outta me.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:15c3b5ed-c708-44c2-a2da-007a46ba0065">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know what show is fucking awesome?  Cheaters.  Whenever I'm feeling white trashy I watch that shiit.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

OMG yes.  I love that show.  I love how serious Joey Greco takes that hosting gig, lol.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options

Ha! I knew the segment was staged but I was going to say HEY WE HAVE THAT HERE TOO! But obviously it sounds like everyone has heard this bit before. How is there anyone left that still believes it when they play it on air?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:aeeeb01c-e491-41e2-bab8-dccf2c03ecec">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I myself like Bait Car.  I can watch that for hours on end on a lazy Sunday.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]
    The first time H and I watched this show, we were all "Is this profiling?"

We also like Operation Repo.
  • Options
    They girl has to say "I give permission to call (insert name) on kiss fm" before Ryan calls.

I am skeptical on some calls, but do you think there are women out there wanting to do this? It wouldn't be hard to find real people to do this.

I also do not like Ryan Seacrest. I only listen to his Ryan's Roses segment and then switch back to my favorite morning show.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:293a9830-1011-45ec-9760-ee215d577591">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan's Roses : The first time H and I watched this show, we were all "Is this profiling?"<strong><u> We also like Operation Repo</u></strong>.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I was pissed when i found out that was fake. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:aeeeb01c-e491-41e2-bab8-dccf2c03ecec">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I myself like Bait Car.  I can watch that for hours on end on a lazy Sunday.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

What channel is this on? I must watch!
  • Options
    JW - people can be serious assholes.  I wouldn't be surprised at anything they do.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:293a9830-1011-45ec-9760-ee215d577591">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan's Roses : The first time H and I watched this show, we were all "Is this profiling?" <strong>We also like Operation Repo.</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>I hated that show just because it seemed so fake to me.  I guess JLo is producing a similar show out of Miami?  </div><div>
    </div><div>For the record, Bait Car is awesome.  I love listening to their excuses.  </div>
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    jcb do you remember when Sarah Palin got duped by a radio station?  They told her they were Nicolas Sarcozi (sp?) and she totally fell for it.
    panther
  • Options
    I still love old school cops.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love Ryan's Roses, but it doesn't surprise me that it's fake. I refuse to believe there are THAT many stupid people out there falling for that trick. I also love old school Cops, Hike.
  • Options
    I love Cops!  

The best thing about Cheaters is that the host got stabbed... and kept doing the show.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    What? They are fake? fuuck I am a bit disappointed. and apparently gullible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:ab560fe9-e4d7-4327-8aa8-11fb7c8e994c">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Ryan's Roses, but it doesn't surprise me that it's fake. I refuse to believe there are THAT many stupid people out there falling for that trick. I also love old school Cops, Hike.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Same here. If it wasn't for the FCC rules (thanks for that) - I think women would really email Ryan asking them to call their boyfriend/husband/FI.

I LOVE cops. I was watching it all morning with my dad yesterday. We were taking bets on what drugs the men/women had hid in their car.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:7cdf862e-44f5-42db-ba48-1a32980a3432">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]What? They are fake? fuuck I am a bit disappointed. and apparently gullible.
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some calls I'm like......that's a stretch, but others I did believe them.

Has anyone seen "Fact or Faked"? I'm not one to watch paranormal stuff (because I jump at everything) but I like this show. Still not sure if it is real either.
  • Options
    So...I guess I'll just join the gullible couch. Totally thought my local stations roses was both real and original. I think I'll just pretend I didn't read this thread...

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ryans-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3bd496cc-47dd-465e-9277-0561ac170b0aPost:f31a402f-414a-46b6-84cb-bd1c6d27f2fa">Re: Ryan's Roses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan's Roses : OMG yes.  I love that show.  I love how serious Joey Greco takes that hosting gig, lol.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>Dude he got stabbed. shiit is serious. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards