March 2013 Weddings

when are you sending out invites?

I feel behind, we haven't received our invites yet and our wedding date is 3/23/13 :

Re: when are you sending out invites?

• We are having a DW on 3/2/13 and are sending them out 11/26 and/or 12/3. We are early, but we are traveling when our counts are due with no access to any wedding stuff, so we need to get them in before we leave. 

I think you are fine. You really don't need to send them out until after the holidays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're not behind at all. Our wedding is March 8th, and we're sending them out around Dec 8th. Our wedding is on a Friday night, so we wanted to give everyone who needed to leave work early/travel enough of a warning. Unless you have something like that going on, you could even do 8 weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is the same day (3/23) and we're planning on sending them right after Christmas or so. They say 6-8 weeks, and our venue wants final numbers I think around the 16th. So we'll probably have our RSVP date a week before that to account for procrastinators and phone calls we may have to make. Also, if they get there at the beginning of the year, that's the perfect time for anyone that needs to schedule their PTO/vacation if needed. We haven't even gotten all the addresses yet and haven't finished our wording, let alone printing and gluing haha. So no, you're not behind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • You are not behind.My wedding is also 03/23. Our save the dates went out not that long ago. Invitations are going out around the 1st of Jan. I wanted to wait till after the rush of Christmas cards and the holiday season. I was thinking of making the RSVP by date March 8th. 2 weeks before. What is typical? 1 week prior is way to short for me. lol. I figure the 8th gave them a little over 2 months with the invitation in hand to decide if they were coming. haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is 3/23 and we're going to pick them up today!! YAY! :) But we won't be sending them out until Jan 1-ish because we don't want them to get lost in the shuffle of Christmas cards and such. I'm glad we are getting them now that way we don't have to rush to address them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is March 30th and we are barely done sending out Save The Dates...We will send out Invitations the first or second week in January.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is March 30 and we just sent out STDs 2 weeks ago. Invitations are going out last week of Januaury. So no worries, you are not behind. 
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We just sent ours out I would have preferred to wait until December but my Fiance was more comfortable sending them out a little early so your not behind at all :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
  • Our date is 3/24. I haven't even ordered my invites yet. I'll order them on Friday and they'll be ready to go in the mail about the 15th of January.
  • We didn't send out save the dates because we only had a total of 4.5 months from engagement to the wedding. With a 3/23 date as well, I am making my own invites and mailing them out between Dec. 10-15th. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  Our invites are finally on their way, bad news?  I forgot to include the venue's address Frown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_when-are-you-sending-out-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:82dedf2d-bb22-40d6-ac2b-ac83fad2bd71Post:d9689b4c-cbac-4e6a-8bd4-963eae91c715">Re: when are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!  Our invites are finally on their way, bad news?  I forgot to include the venue's address 
    Posted by naybay407[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Did you put a link to a wedding website somewhere on there? Or at least directions?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I sent mine out last week. Because a lot of my guests have to travel. But I think they should be sent out at the 3 month mark. Which for me isn't until next week. If most of your guests are in town I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just send them out as soon as you can.
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_when-are-you-sending-out-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:82dedf2d-bb22-40d6-ac2b-ac83fad2bd71Post:addf6205-6fda-43b5-a2ae-13e26ec72f13">Re: when are you sending out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: when are you sending out invites? : Oh no! Did you put a link to a wedding website somewhere on there? Or at least directions?
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We have a direction card included so fingers crossed that on one will get lost, they came out beautiful, actually mailed them out today.</div>
  • Our wedding is 3/8 and we are sending them out around the second week of Jan..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards