July 2012 Weddings
Options

Are you going to be a registry stalker?

We finished registering at Macy's this past weekend and while we were in the store with the consultant she said that someone had bought something already.  I told her I was on the registry earlier that day and did not see anything so I checked when I got home and nothing was bought.  Then yesterday I logged into our registry to delete some stuff and I saw that all of our crystal glasses and cake/knife set were bought. 

I know my shower invites are going out next week.  So I am going to try really hard not to stalk it.  But it is just so hard when I sit behind a desk all day.  My mom yelled at me and told me not to.  I told her it would still be a surprise to see who bought it for me lol. 

So are you going to stalk your registry?
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Are you going to be a registry stalker?

• Options
    Ugh it's going to be VERY hard for me not to, because I sit at a desk all day too. We'll see how bad I get once the shower invites actually go out.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm trying not to because I haven't even finished registering yet, but there are over 20 items that have already been bought! My mom hasn't told anyone where I am registered and our shower invites aren't going to go out for a few more months. I was so surprised that people are already buying us gifts and searching for our registry on their own. I haven't even finisht it yet.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Yeah, I will... hopefully not toooo much, but I'm sure right before my shower I will.

You kind of need to stalk it. I registered in November, and I've already had to change about 5 or 6 items that were discontinued after the holidays.

You also want to make sure you have a good range of items / price points for people. I'm not saying you should add things you don't really want, but I didn't add as many place settings as I really want b/c I didn't want the higher priced part of the list to look huge. If we get several place settings early, I probably will add a few more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow!! I don't think anything has been bought from our registry. We are thinking about switching one of ours to Menard's or Home Depot for the new house haha. I don't know if I'll be stalking it but I don't want to- I will be sure to check it once in a while to make sure none of the items are discounted though.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I sit behind a desk too, so I am going to try not to either. But it is so damn Hard!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My shower invites have already gone out and the shower is in mid-March. I SO wanted to be one of those brides who has the willpower not to look, but let's be honest. I'm insanely curious. The first few items came off last week and I literally gasped!! I can't stop checking! FI thinks it's funny; he likes that I'm so excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nah, I think I'll be good and not check.  I'll be more mad at myself if I ruin it for myself, so I think that alone will keep me from checking it all the time.

That and I think my mom/BP is trying to make it a surprise shower, and I'm pretty hard to surprise, so I'll at least let them try!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We haven't even registered yet - and it never even crossed my mind to watch the registry. I sort of want to be surprised - and not be like "ooh, I saw someone bought this" :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will def try my best not to stalk but It will be so hard!!  I also sit at a desk all day and my shower is going to be a surprise so i know once stuff starts being bought it means invitations went out and shower could be close! 
  • Options
    Two of our things have already been bought. We got our pots & pans and the electric griddle we wanted! Super stoked! I was going over the guestliist with my mom last night & we are inviting like 60ppl!!! I am like...oh dear...it think we should drop it down. I will probably stalk...it'll be hard not to...I just want to make sure nothing is out of stock or unavailable anymore.... Eeek!!! Gettung so excited!
  • Options
    I'd like to say that I on't be checking on the registry but I know I'd be lying. As the wedding gets closer and closer I'll probably be on there more and more.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    I probably will because if people aren't buying certain (more expensive) things, I may add some additional items that are lower-priced items!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am going to have a really hard time with this LOL
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Options
    I will be stalking it hard, I have no shame. But wow, I'm surprised some of you have stuff purchased already! I don't even have the slightest idea when my shower will be!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_going-registry-stalker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:539948d3-4b35-4930-9588-e653acae801fPost:d20620b9-59db-4c27-bd2c-9fa13918789d">Re: Are you going to be a registry stalker?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh it's going to be VERY hard for me not to, because I sit at a desk all day too. We'll see how bad I get once the shower invites actually go out.
    Posted by ceglare4[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  Not sure if we'll register yet.  Kind of like a last minute thing I think!  When all the other stuff is out of the way!
  • Options
    i would like to say that no, i won't be stalking it....but i know for a fact that i will be!! and same as bridetobe, we may end up adding more lower priced items or a wider variety of items as time passes and more of the less pricy items get purchased. 
  • Options
    If I said no I'd be a liar....I'm totally a registry stalker.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Im going to try and not stalk it, like mekiakoo said, but at least keep checking periodically to make sure nothing on there is discontinued that we would need to replace. 

ETA: I just checked. Macy's is discontinuing the set of glasses we want. for like the 3rd time. ugh. along with a bunch of other stuff. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_going-registry-stalker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:539948d3-4b35-4930-9588-e653acae801fPost:a0568e72-62c7-4295-9c70-32121595d18c">Re: Are you going to be a registry stalker?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be stalking it hard, I have no shame. <strong>But wow, I'm surprised some of you have stuff purchased already! I don't even have the slightest idea when my shower will be!</strong>
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with ya Meagan.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_going-registry-stalker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:539948d3-4b35-4930-9588-e653acae801fPost:a0568e72-62c7-4295-9c70-32121595d18c">Re: Are you going to be a registry stalker?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be stalking it hard, I have no shame. But wow, I'm surprised some of you have stuff purchased already! I don't even have the slightest idea when my shower will be!
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto with this. Around the holidays I'm alway trying to figure out what I'm getting so I'm going to be even worse where I can actually look to see.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    I think I'll be fairly safe at least until April 17th - tax deadline.  I'm really hoping that my shower is soon after that so I don't have time to stalk it.  I am making FI change the password so he can deal with the discontinued stuff.  All of comforter sets got discontinued at first but I think we found a new one now.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards