June 2012 Weddings

Re: EXPIRED

• Options
    I'm with you on the "TummY' part. I always worry about that and its my biggest fear for the day of. I have a very sensitive stomach too.  I'm also worry about zits, getting sick from stress or something else,fiance not showing up ( i know this is a ridiculous worry. i even brought it up to him), wardrobe malfunction, tripping down the aisle and noone showing up after we have paid for everyone ( i know thats ridiculous too).

Glad i'm not the only one!!!
  • Options
    I know what you mean... I'm worried about the zits and waxing as well. my skin is just funny like that. and yesterday I was watching my FI get on a bike to go run an errand I just had this most horrible fear that he might get hit by a car or something. I had never really thought about losing the love of my life like that. But now, when we're so so sure that we're the right people for each other, it just got scary. what would I do without him.
    I hope I didn't just add to your list of fears :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we're not going on one until next summer /sigh/
    but it is going to be a good one, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nails:  Have you ever had a shellac or gel maicure?  It's not like getting fake nails but it makes your nails stronger.  It lasts for weeks instead of days!  I'm getting one now to keep my nails in tact, then getting a fresh gel manicure the week of the wedding! :)  Makes them almost impossible to break!
    image 145 Invited
    image 121 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    that shellac thingy is awesome! I have pretty strong nails in general so I didn't feel the difference, but the polish itself seemed A LOT more durable. I did french tip and walked around with it for 3 weeks! seriosuly, 3 full weeks before it started to look a little bruised up and my nail growth was becoming more obvious. If the base coat for the french tip is clear, the growth will not be noticable for a long time, it will probably last well through your honeymoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-plain-silly-worries-anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4a7a93c4-755a-4b89-a31b-06acdf7450caPost:60a88bf8-38a7-4ab5-af65-265d05f783f1">Re: Just plain Silly Worries, anyone else?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean... I'm worried about the zits and waxing as well. my skin is just funny like that. and yesterday I was watching my FI get on a bike to go run an errand I just had <strong>this most horrible fear that he might get hit by a car or something</strong>. I had never really thought about losing the love of my life like that. But now, when we're so so sure that we're the right people for each other, it just got scary. what would I do without him. I hope I didn't just add to your list of fears :(
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

I am my mother in this respect.  If FI is driving somewhere and doesn't answer a text or something I start worrying SO CRAZILY about him being in a car accident.  He's sort of a crazy driver, although he has calmed down a little, but my number one fear is that he'll get in a car accident.  I know its ridiculous but if I think about it too much I get anxiety and cry and just need to have him right in front of me.

I also am worried about the zit sitch.  I have this one zit, we call it "The Lip Zit" and it appears right at the top of my upper lip when I'm stressed.  One time my MOH tried to do "surgery" on it by popping it with a sterilized safety pin - WORST IDEA EVER.  Now there's a slight scar and I'm convinced that it is the reason that TLZ surfaces from time to time.  I explained TLZ situation to my makeup artist and she said she will be able to cover it no matter what.  Fingers crossed!

Burns from waxing - I had this problem too.  I decided to buy Sally Hansen's DIY waxing kit (not its name).  I haven't used it yet because I haven't had the time but my friend uses it and says its great to be able to control the temp of the wax by blowing on it until its cool enough for you.  I'll probably report on my findings (since we've been talking a lot about hair removal) once I try it out, hopefully soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hmm, I'm interested to know about the results!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-plain-silly-worries-anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4a7a93c4-755a-4b89-a31b-06acdf7450caPost:60a88bf8-38a7-4ab5-af65-265d05f783f1">Re: Just plain Silly Worries, anyone else?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean... I'm worried about the zits and waxing as well. my skin is just funny like that. and yesterday<strong> I was watching my FI get on a bike to go run an errand I just had this most horrible fear that he might get hit by a car or something. I had never really thought about losing the love of my life like that. But now, when we're so so sure that we're the right people for each other, it just got scary. what would I do without him.</strong> I hope I didn't just add to your list of fears :(
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

This is how I knew i was in love with FI.  We started dating 7/08 and he was going to his parents' house 3 hours away for Labor Day weekend.  He talked about "drafting semis" to get better gas milage and it scared me to death!  All I could think of all weekend is his Celica being turned into a convertible by going under a semi.  I knew I loved him already, but had no idea how much until then.  I told him I loved him for the first time a few days after he got back safely.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-plain-silly-worries-anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4a7a93c4-755a-4b89-a31b-06acdf7450caPost:d601cb37-9687-4ee4-bad2-a2b5468e8ff9">Just plain Silly Worries, anyone else?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The silly things I have small concerns about: Period: Here it is, TMI, I am sorry- I currently have an IUD which serves it's purpose well, however I do not have a regular period at all. Sometimes I can go many months with nothing. Other times I may get it twice in a month. Most commonly I "spot" enough to be annoying. I am praying big time that none of the above happens on our wedding night or the honeymoon!  Posted by jaschelle[/QUOTE]

I actually asked my dr if I could go on the pill just to make sure I won't be visited by Aunt Flo....and the answer was no. =(  Apparently, the pill could change the shape of the uterus and cause the IUD to "dislodge"....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Luckily, by the grace of God, I've not had a broken bone.  But that is my fear as we get closer to the wedding.  I don't want my arm or leg in a cast going down the isle!  Zits and broken nails are also in the running.   Rain....don't want it even though we are having an indoor ceremony.  I want to take pics outside!  I hadn't even thought of cold sores.....Thanks! Frown

• Options
    Not sure if this was already mentioned, but cahpped lips. I just thought of it now, because mine are chapped....ahhhh. I think I will continue to use chapstick until after the wedding to hopefully  prevent it happening then.
  • Options
    I'm totally worried about my period coming too...I haven't had my first post-partum period yet, so it's really unpredictable as to when it'll come back! I can just see me getting it the day of my wedding...lol

Rain is also something I really hope we can avoid! We have back up plans, but I love the sunshine!! lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Zits, please.....  I have really good complexion, but for the last 2 months I have been breaking out with small pimples on my nose & between my eyebrows.  WTF!!!  I think they are pretty much gone now, but now I am dealing with very dry skin in those areas & I am a lotion worshiper.  Night & Day cream everyday....

I do worry about the weather.  I want it to be nice, but not too sunny because my green eyes are soooo sensitive to the sun. 

My horrible allergies - I don't sneeze or have watery eyes, nope, I cough.  It is a constant drip that irritates me & makes me cough.  I have coughed so much that it gets out of control & I throw up.  It is horrible sometimes.  Luckily I think I have it pretty much under control now - between Singular & Mucinex Expectorant Max Strength daily, the coughing is mild.  Another reason we picked June over May... I can't imaging trying to get through my vows & coughing at every third word...  LOL

Our HM spot got majorly flooded in March.  Roads were washed away, ppl were evacuated from their homes.  It is a tourist spot, so they have to rebuild. I read Fiji Live every day to see how they are cleaning up & getting power back to certain areas.  They are pretty good & said they will be all back to normal by June...   We almost changed our HM plans because of this, but TA said to hold off & don't do anything just yet, that they will rebuild & it will be fine.  Our 2 hotel locations did not get affected  badly, thank God, but the airport was shut down because roads to it washed away.

I don't want to worry anymore....  I just want to relax and enjoy the next 51 days!
  • Options
    I ask my FI "what if you don't think I'm pretty" or "what if you don't like me dress?" Which he always laughs at and tells me that I am being stupid. He tells me thinks I'm pretty in whatever I have on. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I don't really have many worries. I guess I am too laid back. (I haven't started to panic yet, though.) The only thing I am worried about is being too rushed setting up our reception the day of. I think we will be fine, and we have more than enough help, but you never know....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm with you on bruises! I get them CONSTANTLY at work and I don't want to be covered in them! I'm tempted to ask for light duty the 2 weeks before the wedding lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-plain-silly-worries-anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4a7a93c4-755a-4b89-a31b-06acdf7450caPost:5ccd2c3e-1542-4187-b143-dfaa358bb629">Re: Just plain Silly Worries, anyone else?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just plain Silly Worries, anyone else? : Sorry :-/ But Stay positive! We will not get any! There will only be rain if it is a short mist to produce a beautiful rainbow for amazing pictures! :)
    Posted by jaschelle[/QUOTE]

A rainbow would be cool!  The wedding and reception are on different sides of the Ohio River.  A picture by the water with a rainbow would be AWESOME!
  • Options
    If it rains, we are screwed. I have NO backup plan... because, well we just don't I guess lol. There is a barn, but it fits roughly 150 people, which we would've easily had, but FI remembered a ton of people to invite... so we're much higher now lol

I'm terrified of the tummy issue! I had really bad stomach issues and there is no holding anything for me. It hits most when I'm nervous. The day of my dress shopping it was terrible. My tummy just gurgled at the thought, omg. I'm going to have to invest in some serious medicine lol.

I'm also freaked out about the flight to the honeymoon. I'm scared of flying, and we're going to Hawaii, so flying over water is even scarier. Not to mention FI planned parasailing, a helicopter ride, and island hopping by small plane. I promised I'd try, gotta stop being afraid of everything!

I'm also worried everything wont be set up the way I want it to. Our aunts are setting up (theyre awesome!) and I just hope they do it the way I envision.. even if I do show 'em.

So much stress for one flippin day!
  • Options
    I don't know ladies, maybe I'm just with doeie04, my biggest worry is spilling coffee on my wedding dress.  I've got tools- pimple- cover up, aunt flow- tampon, "tummy troubles" pepto.  Best of all, a sense of humor.  Trust me, if everything goes perfectly, I'll be suprised.  But that's ok.  Whatever happens, I'll be married and our friends and family will all be around us.

Just keep things in perspective.  Does your typical Saturday go 100% perfect?  Probably not.  Will this one? Laughing  Just smile and relax!  Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards