Missouri-St Louis

reception decorations HELP

I bought these favors from michaels. but now i am afraid that they are going to look cheap and like a birthday party. they are at this website
http://www.gartnerstudios.com/node/779

I was originally going to have on at each place setting but i feel like its too much with how much stuff we will have on the table with fall leaves, candles and centerpiece. I also was afraid it would look a little birthday partyish.

so then i decided about maybe forming them into a bigger cake like they show on the website and putting it as a decorative piece on the table in the lobby with our photos on the table and guest book. Then we would just tell people to takea  piece as they leave.

What do you think?
any ideas?
or should i just return them?

Re: reception decorations HELP

• edited December 2011
    I like the idea of having tham on a seperate table before guests come in. Maybe have a sign saying that guests are welcome to take one so they know it is a favor :)
  • edited December 2011
    We reused our place card table and had our favors arranged on a table after dinner. That way guests could take the favor on their way out and they didn't have anything else in their hands coming in (place card, signing the guest book, finding gift table, finding seating, drink, appetizer, etc.)
  • lrineylriney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_reception-decorations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:7b2cabc1-8104-4b0d-82b9-4fcaf40d2035Post:0d708f3e-d832-4456-9b56-d721cc195b4e">Re: reception decorations HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]We reused our place card table and had our favors arranged on a table after dinner. That way guests could take the favor on their way out and they didn't have anything else in their hands coming in (place card, signing the guest book, finding gift table, finding seating, drink, appetizer, etc.)
    Posted by jeffloveslaura[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That is a good idea. Who did that for you tho? we are having about 250 people would that be too difficult. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards