South Asian Weddings

Coming to us vs. Going to them

So I have two hair stylist I'm trying to decide on. One would come to the house and do everyone's hair. The other we have to go to them, but the place is literally 5 mins from my house. The price is almost the same, a little more for coming to my house one, and our house is a decent size I don't think it's huge. I'm worried people won't have enough room to do everything. If you had to decide which one would you pick??

Re: Coming to us vs. Going to them

• edited December 2011
    I'D HAVE THEM COME TO ME! Saves me on time. IMHO
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Steph. It's better to have them come to you, that way you don't have to worry about running late getting back, etc. You're at home and you can easily get onto getting ready with your makeup, etc.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say have them come to you as well!
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Come to your house!  I went to the salon at 9:00 am the morning of my 5:00 pm wedding... morning=driving around in rainy traffic... and it was a long day.  Why not just stay home?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_coming-vs-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:e9bb4d54-165b-4af7-a0c9-c6e69ecc51c0Post:b0f1b181-b953-4e21-9086-0532f66a6575">Re: Coming to us vs. Going to them</a>:
    [QUOTE]Come to your house!  I went to the salon at 9:00 am the morning of my 5:00 pm wedding... morning=driving around in rainy traffic... and it was a long day.  <strong>Why not just stay home?
    </strong>Posted by temurlang[/QUOTE]

Worried it'll be crowded..

Guess I'll just do it at home. Makes more sense
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say COME OVER HERE too... Timings for everything plus getting all your makeup etc together, and plus you don't want to be seen outside the house...  You get to drink your coffee/tea in peace... plus, if someone needs to know where such and such is, they can ask you at the house, instead of being off-site....

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_coming-vs-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:e9bb4d54-165b-4af7-a0c9-c6e69ecc51c0Post:bfef36ef-23d8-419b-868e-28204893a39e">Re: Coming to us vs. Going to them</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coming to us vs. Going to them : <strong>Worried it'll be crowded..</strong> Guess I'll just do it at home. Makes more sense
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

How many people are going to have their hair done? Will they also have makeup done? Maybe you can create a staggered schedule so the people show up when they're needed and not hours earlier?  Or maybe set aside an area (like a dining room or family room) where the hair and make up is being done ?
    ExerciseMilestone
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^ that is what I did....

BMs were in the family room and they time slots were staggered...they knew WELL in advance when they were getting their make up done b/c the MUA wanted to organize the time slots.

My mom was in the Master Bed Room

I was in my bedroom..

Even with all my family and friends running around the house. (about 20 people) it didn't seem overcrowded at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards