Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Antigua..CocoBay

Ok ladies, we are looking for the most romantic, safe and an all-inclusive, thoughts on Cocobay ? Experiences..or any other all -inclusives in Antigua?Thanks!

Re: Antigua..CocoBay

• Options
    H and I have traveled to Aruba (3 times, including our honeymoon), Antigua (once) and Turks  Caicos (once).  My only experience with an AI on these three islands was Galley Bay in Antigua.  Galley Bay is wonderful; I loved it. 

There is a thread on this board re: a Galley Bay honeymoon posted by a bride who recently returned.  She gave a very thorough, even-handed review.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I

Thanks so much what did you think of Aruba and Turks & Caicos?

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-antigua-antillies-turks-caicos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:78c26496-f71c-48f6-8611-0df41138da43Post:8e2357fe-4598-4aae-ab6e-43966f02283e">Re: Aruba, Antigua, Antillies, Turks & Caicos..?</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I have traveled to Aruba (3 times, including our honeymoon), Antigua (once) and Turks  Caicos (once).  My only experience with an AI on these three islands was Galley Bay in Antigua.  Galley Bay is wonderful; I loved it.  There is a thread on this board re: a Galley Bay honeymoon posted by a bride who recently returned.  She gave a very thorough, even-handed review. Good luck!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-antigua-antillies-turks-caicos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:78c26496-f71c-48f6-8611-0df41138da43Post:b56e7a13-a4ce-4eef-8ed3-a94490141bc9">Aruba, Antigua, Antillies, Turks & Caicos..?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok ladies, we are looking for the most romantic, safe and an all-inclusive, which do you recommend?  <strong>Turks & Caicos has been my top choice, but as far as I've heard thier all inclusives are outrageous price wise</strong>...information on any of these islands would be helpful.Thanks!
    Posted by vkayse137[/QUOTE]

What is your budget? "outrageously priced" means different things to different people. I'm assuming that by Antilles, you mean the Lesser Antillies? That includes a lot of islands, including Aruba and Antigua.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-antigua-antillies-turks-caicos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:78c26496-f71c-48f6-8611-0df41138da43Post:4019f47a-41b3-4107-8043-ec166507e746">Re: Aruba, Antigua, Antillies, Turks & Caicos..?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Aruba, Antigua, Antillies, Turks & Caicos..? : What is your budget? "outrageously priced" means different things to different people. I'm assuming that by Antilles, you mean the Lesser Antillies? That includes a lot of islands, including Aruba and Antigua.
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm thinking now Anguilla or Turks & Caicos...all in clusives?  We are looking to stay under 5,000-6,000 Recomendations on resorts??
  • Options

I typed up this nice response and The Knot ate it! Anguilla does not have any all inclusives and is overall a very expensive island. Turks has two- Beaches and Veranda- and Beaches is very expensive and depending on when you go, could have a ton of kids running around. You might be able to get 4-5 nights there tops. My manager at work went there for 2 weeks a year ago and spent over $30K for her family of 4! Veranda is doable depending on how long you want to go, when you are going, and what type of room you aer staying in. Airfare will also have a lot to do with it. I've been trying to plan a few trips for myself and airfare is ridiculous right now. If for some reason your budget changes, Amanyara on Turks does have an all inclusive package at some points during the year. It's over $1K/night though! I know someone who went and said it was amazing!

• Options
    Thanks so much for your help...I'm not looking in Antigua again..I think it's more reasonable for everything we are looking for.  So ladies any feedback on all-inclusives in Antigua??
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I've been researching Antigua for myself. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to make the flight back to Australia this next year or try a luxury all inclusive, like Jumby Bay, closer to home. Anyway, based on my reasearch, I think resorts in your budget would be Sandals, Veranda, Galley Bay, or Coco Bay. So, based on your other posts here, you are pretty much already aware of what is out there. I recommend reading about these 4 resorts on Tripadvisor.com and also pulling up Expedia or Travelocity and pricing out these options for your travel dates and the number of days you would like to be gone. I'm sure girls who have been will jump in and answer, but if not, you can always do a search for the resort names below (scroll down and you'll see a search tool) and you will be able to pull up posts from the last year. HTH!

• Options
    Check out Cocos Hotel. Owned by the same people, very similar. We went there and it was amazing...great security staff, food and views.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    we stayed at the sandals in antigua. it was awesome. we stayed on the older, caribbean side of the resort. the rooms were more affordable than the newer mediterranean side. the food was pretty good, and it was really nice to know that it was all paid for from start to finish (unless you add excursions/spa services).
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  Also would you recommend going to a travel agent or just booking through expedia?  (First time every booking a trip)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-antigua-antillies-turks-caicos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:78c26496-f71c-48f6-8611-0df41138da43Post:f36e708f-1e73-4b42-97ac-d3cddce0629b">Re: Antigua..CocoBay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much!  Also would you recommend going to a travel agent or just booking through expedia?  (First time every booking a trip)

If it's your first time ever, I HIGHLY recommend booking through a travel agent. If you are even the slightest bit undecided on where to stay and need some guidance, that is the way to go. If you price a package on Expedia and it happens to be less than what the agent offers, send them a confirmed quote showing all of the details and they should be able to price match. Just be sure that it's "apples to apples", meaning that all of the details are exactly the same- dates, flight numbers, room category, etc. You can find a good travel agent in your area by checking out the agent listings on travelimpressions.com, or you can check to see if you have a local Liberty Travel, which is a HUGE country-wide travel agency.

• Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-antigua-antillies-turks-caicos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:78c26496-f71c-48f6-8611-0df41138da43Post:507ebf04-567c-4670-b1a8-b5bf07f56449">Re: Aruba, Antigua, Antillies, Turks & Caicos..?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Thanks so much what did you think of Aruba and Turks & Caicos? n Response to Re: Aruba, Antigua, Antillies, Turks & Caicos..? :

We love both!  We fell SO in love with the resort from our first trip to Aruba that we have returned two more times, including our honeymoon.  We stayed at the Bucuti Beach Resort in the Tara Beach Suites.  Turks and Caicos is stunning; the sand is unbelievably soft (think baby powder).   There, we stayed at The Somerset on Grace Bay.  Neither of those are all-inclusives, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards