Michigan-Lansing
Options

XP: The Country Mill (Orchard Wedding)

I have alot of time and was just getting some ideas on venues and such, but I don't live near Battle Creek/Hastings/Charlotte (where we're planning the wedding).

Does anyone have any experience with The Country Mill Orchard Wedding?
The website says it's located in/near Charlotte.

Any and all information on this or other venues and other recommendations for ~100 people (prefer outside caterers, and the cheaper the better) in the Battle Creek/Hastings/Charlotte area would be helpful.

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Feb13 Siggy Challenge

Re: XP: The Country Mill (Orchard Wedding)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of the country mill, but haven't live around here very long.  Two cheaper options we found when looking for venues was riverside country club.  They opened to the public this year and are just getting their feet on the ground (its inside though but beautiful windows over looking the golf course).  Outdoors we found cedar crest banquet hall.  They just opened an outdoor venue this year.  I haven't seen it completed yet, but his prices seemed pretty cheap.

We are going with the medalist in marshall.  Outside at the golf course.  Its a little more pricey and you have to get the food and alcohol through them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information. I'll have to visit them when I get the chance (good thing I started early...) And let me know how the Medallist works out for ya.

Good luck and happy planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the Country Mill many times for cider & donuts, pumpkins and christmas trees.  I know they started doing weddings a couple of years ago, but I haven't seen the facility.  I can however, attest to the fact they have great baked goods & cider.  Their pumpkin patch/haunted house set up and Christmas set ups are also well done, so I would imagine they would do a nice job on anything else they set up.  I think it would be worth a look on your part.

Grand Ledge Country Club and Grand Ledge Opera House both allow outside caterers and are nice venues, if you want to travel a little further north.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with the medalist as well- I'm happy to see that there are some other girls on here who are doing the same. Hope to hear about all of your experiences! I looked into the Country Mill, and the biggest problem I had with it was that there is no staff at all- so set up, tear down, and clean-up is all up to you, not to mention you would have to hire a coordinator if you wanted someone to run things. At The Medalist, all of that is included with the cost. Dan, the manager, is super nice and really seems to care about your wedding experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'll definitely have to look into the Medalist then. Self setup/tear down doesn't bother me since fi and I love being hands-on in everything. Let me know how everything goes for ya'll and thanks again. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend got married at The Country Mill in August. She had her reception in the orchard and then a western style reception in their barn. It was a very nice wedding. They allowed her to use an outside cater. She had to pay an extra fee for their staff to clean up. The staff even sprayed for mosquitos the night before the wedding to ensure they were gone for the ceremony. From my point of view, the staff was very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards