September 2012 Weddings
Options

Sad for Fiance :(

I'm so bummed for Fiance right now... He asked his best man to be in the wedding party a year ago, and everything up until a few weeks ago was going great. Fiance has been calling best man for 3 weeks, with no answer or response. He talked to him 3 weeks ago and said that we really need his suit size, and he said he would get it to us over the weekend. Nothing since. Fiance has called/left VM's, sent emails, and sent facebook messages (which show they were seen..and BM has been active on facebook). At this point, I'm doubting he's coming (he lives out of state... RSVP date is saturday and he hasn't RSVP'd yet). If something came up, that's fine... I understand financial stress/low vacation hours/traveling.. but HE NEEDS TO LET US KNOW. Sorry, just needed to Vent.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sad for Fiance :(

• Options

omg, I'm really sorry to hear that :(   but I do agree, if he just cant do it he should have let you know asap.  I hope everything works out for you and FI.

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear this!  One of my BMs is giving similar issues.  Only one of my six girls has RSVP'd with a due dat eof Saturday but the rest have at least acknowledged they received it except troublesome BM.  She's talked to me twice since February...when I texted her for her bday and all she did was try to one-up everything I said and for my shower/bachelorette where she pouted and was mean to my friends the whole time.  I'm hoping she backs out honestly but I could see how disappointed your FI must be to have a friend bail.  People need to let you know!  It is kinda a big deal.
  • Options
    I hope his silence doesn't mean something bad happened or is happening. A very good friend of mine from out of state had said "we wouldn't miss it" back when I was checking the date with our "must haves", and as we were finalizing the count, I got concerned that I hadn't heard an official RSVP and just wanted to confirm their "yes". Didn't hear from him in response to multiple contacts, but counted them as 2 yeses, only to find out a few days later that their silence was because his wife's dad was just diagnosed with TWO very difficult to treat cancers and they were trying to figure out the treatment schedule to see if they could come. They decided that they really shouldn't leave town, and so I'm sad they won't be attending but am much sorrier that my friend's FIL is very ill. So, while RSVP'ing for the wedding is "kinda a big deal" as PP said, keep in mind that other things are big, too, and some things are even bigger. That said, I hope your FI gets good news soon.
  • Options
    Barf! My FI had the same thing happen to him. He's from England, so his best man would have come over from there, but he can't make it. At first he said he would and was really excited, but as it came close to the RSVP date, he became unreachable. When my FI finally got a hold of him, he was like "I thought I told you, I can't come." I repeat, barf! Sorry your FI is going through this, too :[
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards