Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday

Finally. What's up for the weekend?

I'm getting my stitches out tonight! WOO! Tomorrow I have a shower in DE and them I'm going to see LSak. Sunday I have nothing on the agenda and I'm looking forward to that. 

Re: Friday

• Options

We're gonna mini-golf at some point, but we're mostly tied to home because Tyler's on call this weekend... just like he was last weekend and all this week. Someone was promoted and they're scrambling to have coverage, so he volunteered to do extra on call.

I just found out that the Nashville Opera is doing The Magic Flute this season, so I am MAD excited. I just finished paying off my season tickets for the symphony, so now is opera buying time!

• Options
    Tonight I am planning a date night for me and FI.  Probably just a nice night in with a bottle or two of wine, cheese and crackers, and a movie.  Hopefully it will be nice and relaxing; this week was way too long.

Saturday morning I have a 5 mile run planned and then the rest of the day is free.  We might go check out a venue that we are considering for a second time.  It is a botanical garden and super pretty, but maybe just a bit too expensive.  No plans yet for Sunday. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This week flew by for me. Weird, because last week I started the week on Wednesday.

This weekend I'll be trying to reorganize my cluttered living space and hopefully making the move that much easier.

H and I also have plans to hang out in our soon-to-be neighborhood. We got a $25 gift card to a pizza place near there and I bought that Fandango deal, so we'll see a cheap movie in a theater across the street. Any recommendations for what to see?

• Options
    FI & I are meeting up after work to go look at a house. Then we are meeting up with a few people tonight to go paint his classroom. Yippy (yes, that was dripping in sarcasm). Then it'll be back to the house for poker, beer and pizza. I will not be playing. I will parking my fadasss on the couch and playing video games.

Tomorrow a friend from Lansing is supposed to be coming into town. She wants to do dinner, then go meet up with some other friends for drinks.

Sunday, the plan is to do not a flipping thing. FI has to work, so I'm hoping for a quiet day to just kind of recoup from this week.
  • Options
    TGIF!

Tonight, FI and I need to finalize our wedding rings (we kinda need them in 22 days! Grr) I also need to buy baby presents for a baby shower I'm going to on Saturday. Sunday, I told my friend I'd drop by for her Thirty-One open house. . .now I don't want to go.

jen: Dark Knight Rises is still on my list to see. I'd probably go see the Campaign with Will Farrel and the guy from the Hangover, maybe? I can't think of anything else that's out. Expendables 2 to see Jason Statham cuz hopefully he will be shirtless for a good part of the movie. :)
  • Options
    Heather, I'm actually jealous of your run!  I've been slacking in that department lately and I'm starting to miss that quality me time.

I have a weekend full of parties.  A surprise 40th for a friend's husband tonight, a bachelorette party tomorrow, and a baby shower on Sunday.  I may need a vacation from my weekend come Monday!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b7b10bed-09a0-4286-9271-10348010cd51Post:c43a4ae1-696b-48e7-9eba-3ed298e78a30">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]TGIF! Tonight, FI and I need to finalize our wedding rings (we kinda need them in 22 days! Grr)<strong> I also need to buy baby presents </strong>for a baby shower I'm going to on Saturday. Sunday, I told my friend I'd drop by for her Thirty-One open house. . .now I don't want to go. jen: Dark Knight Rises is still on my list to see. I'd probably go see the Campaign with Will Farrel and the guy from the Hangover, maybe? I can't think of anything else that's out. Expendables 2 to see Jason Statham cuz hopefully he will be shirtless for a good part of the movie. :)
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

This reminds me, I need to pick up a baby shower present for a friend, finish shopping for my neice's 1st birthday and get FI's birthday present in the next couple of weeks. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Suzie - I'm a bit nervous for this run.  Last weekend was supposed to be my 5 miler but I just ran a 5k instead.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish without walking!  Whenever I take too long off from running I really start to miss it. 

Have fun at your parties!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b7b10bed-09a0-4286-9271-10348010cd51Post:c43a4ae1-696b-48e7-9eba-3ed298e78a30">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]TGIF! Tonight, FI and I need to finalize our wedding rings (we kinda need them in 22 days! Grr) I also need to buy baby presents for a baby shower I'm going to on Saturday. Sunday, I told my friend I'd drop by for her Thirty-One open house. . .now I don't want to go. <strong>jen: Dark Knight Rises is still on my list to see. I'd probably go see the Campaign with Will Farrel and the guy from the Hangover, maybe? I can't think of anything else that's out. Expendables 2 to see Jason Statham cuz hopefully he will be shirtless for a good part of the movie. :)</strong>
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

I think the Campaign is a maybe. I wanted to see Hit & Run too.
  • Options
    Today: I have to clean my house and do a ton of laundry. Hopefully some sort of date night will also happen with FI tonight. Bowling maybe?

Saturday: Meeting my MOH for lunch. Then we're heading to a shop for her to try on some bridesmaids dresses. I'm pretty excited about it!

Sunday: Hopefully packing for our trip to SD the following weekend. I also need to get a wedding gift for a friend and some other errands.
  • Options
    Blah. All of my sports start this weekend, so my life is essentially over. I have to work tonight, tomorrow and Sunday... but luckily everything is on the road, so I don't necessarily have to come into the office. However, my internet is still shut off, and my work MiFi wasn't working last night (I actually watched this week's PLL on my phone last night, sadface) so they have to get that up & running. Because if I HAVE to come into the office, I'll be POed, big time.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Tonight I'm heading to BF's.  I think we're going to do some serious stretching, as well as some ab workouts, make some dinner, and head to bed early.

Tomorrow we're getting up relatively early, we need to run up to the GF bakery and pick me up some fun things, and then we're hanging around his place as long as possible to meet a potential roommate for them.  We're then heading down to his parents' house, and then down to Quantico for the Gender Defender 5K, which culminates in pizza, beer, and xbox for the boys, and dessert (hence our trip to the bakery), wine, and pampering for us women.

Sunday we're probably sleeping in and laying around the house.  BF is coming to my parents' house for dinner though, so that will be fun!
    I french with my man
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    Jen - My friend went to a screening of HIt & Run the other night and said it was lame. The person she went with actually fell asleep during it. I want to see The Campaign.

Bri - You're a good PLL fan. Nothing keeps you away. Summer finale on Tuesday Undecided

Allusive - Take pics for us!

• Options
    This Friday sucks ass. I need a hug, and some vibes.
  • Options
    Oh no, Sous. What's up? Anything you want to talk about? Sending hugs & vibes your way. 

• Options
    tonight:  my MOH will be in town, first time I've seen her since the wedding last summer!  we're going out to eat at my favorite Mexican place and then hanging out.  she's crashing at our house because she has to take a teacher's test in the morning.

Saturday:  my birthday!  we were supposed to get our 1st anniversary pictures done, but it's going to rain ALL WEEKEND.  so we'll probably just get groceries and do regular Saturday things, maybe go out to eat that evening.  and, it COULD be Baxter-comes-home day! 

Sunday:  church and cleaning the house I guess?
  • Options
    Today: one more class to teach, laundry, and then just chilling. 

Tomorrow: most likely woodworking/crafting.

Sunday: we're meeting with some coworker of BF's about some work thing.  Good times.  I guess I don't really have to go.

Whole weekend: I get to write a few quizzes and whatnot ;)  At least we don't have any tests yet.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    rdr-Oh yea? Hm... Maybe we'll use the Fandangos for some thing else then.

sousa- <3

Coco- happybirthday!!!! (almost)
  • Options
    What's going on sousaaaa??
    Tonight I need to make the house look less...wrecked for when I see rdr tomorrow!  We are going to nom allllll the Mexican food in Newark.  Other than that, I plan to do nothing and enjoy it! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy birthday Coco!

Tonight should be low-key...hanging out with FI's family at home.

Saturday= FI's family meets my family in Wisconsin for the first time.  I hope everything goes well.  FI's mom also wants to have an "engagement ceremony" (I think in Indian culture this is just exchanging some small gifts among family members but who knows).

Sunday= More mutual family hang-out time and head back to Chicago.
  • Options
    Things are not at all good with Jon. We talked Tuesday and left things open-ended, still not sure of what we are going to do. I haven't heard from him since then. I know I will, at some point, but waiting really sucks. And I wish I had a magic crystal ball that would tell me what's going to happen next.
  • Options
    Ugh, Sousa.  My heart hurts for you.  Much love coming your way.
  • Options
    :( I'm sorry sousa.

• Options
    I'm so sorry Sous. Have you not been staying at your apartment lately?  Sending you giant hugs. And (virtual) wine.

• Options
    I'm so sorry Sousa.  Sending lots of loves and snuggles to you <3
    I french with my man
  • Options

Allison- I am so jealous you get to see the Magic Flute, it is one of my favorite operas! 
    Coco- Happy Birthday!
    Sous- Hugs.  I am so sorry girl. <3
    Today is pretty much over for me.  H and I put in a construction to hold a water tank so that was fun and it is raining which is wonderful because it has been oppressive lately. 
    Tomorrow: More work but I don't what we are doing, I am going to do our final laundry.
    Sunday: Packing.  Yay!  Relaxing and getting myself prettied up because I need some help!

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Sousa, my heart hurts for you. I absolutely adore and love you. If you need anything, let me know. Sending lots of love, snuggles, hugs, and thoughts. <3
  • Options
    Thanks ladies <3 I've been at my sister's for the past week, and I'm staying there indefinitely. We left it that he needed to get some of his thoughts and feelings on paper to make sense of them, and that neither of us WANT to break up but we don't know what to do next. So I am waiting for his call. It's tough, and I am equally hopeful and fearful about the outcome the next time we talk. My "gut" is telling me absolutely nothing - reticent bitch.

Thanks for all the love ladies, I really appreciate it :) You are all so wonderful!
  • Options
    melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Tonight - 2nd therapy appt and cleaning my entire apartment/getting rid of stuff

Tomorrow - I'm probably going to find a new hiking trail in the area.

Sunday - going shopping for some things to donate to one of the humane societys nearby. They have a huge wish list and I thought it would be nice to help out. I might sign up to volunteer with wildlife while I'm there, because I never heard back from the horse ranch I wanted to volunteer at :(

**Forgot to add that I'm sending Sous some hugs <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards