New Hampshire
Options

Grr early forecast

I'm totally forecast stalking 9 days out for next Saturday.  Yesterday is said mostly sunny...today it's rain ALL day ALL night.  Grr.  I know it's a blessing to have rain on your day and all that, but we're getting married at Cathedral of the Pines outside and paying a fortune to do so...plus the whole point is the outside view of the monutain. 

Someone please tell me the weather forecast will change and I will have sun on my day even just for the ceremony just 330-530 that's it that's all I ask.

Ok thanks for the freak out/vent!

Re: Grr early forecast

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You will have a fabulous wedding. It's still 10 days out, I checked tomorrows weather (we're going apple picking) 10 days ago and it was rain also. I wouldn't trust the predictions completely until shortly before. Sending out sunny thoughts for you though!
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sending Good weather vibes your way... can't say it will or will not rain, bur hoping for the best!
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I feel like such a bridezilla but this is what we work for!  I know you can't control the weather so I'm just hoping god or someone is on my side!  Sunshine will be my blessing.  Thank goodness for the saying "if you don't like the weather in NE wait an hour".  My photog said they bring the sunshine too that they do a lot of weddings with rain in the morning, sun in the afternoon, I'll even take that!

Have a great weekend ladies and congrats to any brides this weekend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    never ever trust the weather in new england! i weather stalked for 2 weeks before my wedding day -- 2 weeks out it said SUNNY... then it kept getting worse and worse as the date got closer. Even the night before it was at 60-70% chance of rain. then right before i left the morning of our big day i checked and it said 20-30% and in the end we got literally 5 drops while the sun was still shining!!! but just in case -- i've heard that putting rosary beads on a tree is supposed to help (totally did this!)! and my sister, mom, and i went out the 2 days before and bought umbrellas because you *know* that if you're prepared, it's not going to happen! i'll say a few extra prayers for you too! it's going to be beautiful no matter what!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom says rosary beads in the window then the morning of your wedding the sun will shine on them...but that someone else puts them there for you?  I asked her to pick up a set (even cheap ones) then it would be another memory/memoir but she didn't get them.  I will try anything at this point.

I'm hopeful that the weather gods are just trying to take another year off my life.  I'm pretty sure you ladies have said before not to weather stalk for this very reason.  On the Sept. board the girls said it's just something to keep us off our registries ;o)

I've told people we will have it in a hurricane outside I don't care I've had my heart set on this place waaay before I met FI but hopefully we'll just have sun and be fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just didn't look at all because I knew it wasn't reliable.  If you can restrain yourself, don't look at all.  It will all be ok.  :-)
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It changed from rainy to really hot and back again. It ended up being a beautiful day. It's the one thing you really have zero control over. Try not to worry so much (I know it's hard!)
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand...we're planning an outdoor wedding next September and I would feel exactly the same way as you.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    14 days out my forecast was rain, sleet with a chance of snow! Then it changed to sunny georgous forecasts.  It ended up raining our day and being beautiful the next.
    I didn't care. I handed out umbrellas and told guests to wear raincoats.  People suck it up for baseball games all the time they could do it for a 15 minute ceremony.

To this day I still have a mild panic attack when the weather forecast comes on.
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For what it is worth, we met with a videographer this week and he showed us a wedding that he had taped at the Cathedral of the Pines, (same venue as you).  It started to rain and they decided to go on with the wedding there even in the rain and it still came out beautiful.  By the end of the ceremony, a rainbow came out and it all looked so sweet on the video :)
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards