Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Found the dress...now my whole wedding vision has changed! :/

So I had every intention of having a relaxed, laid-back outdoor ceremony & reception with drinks in Mason jars and long tables and strung lights in trees...however, yesterday we went dress shopping and I'm 90 percent sure I've found the one!

But now, that whole wedding concept doesn't work. This is not a backyard wedding dress. I still want something organic and FUN - not stuffy and over glamorous and boring. My FI wants something along the lines of pinstripes and mad men and highballs.

Anyone help?
"So what? So it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be hard.
Really hard. But I wanna do that because I want you
- all of you, you and me, every day. Forever."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Found the dress...now my whole wedding vision has changed! :/

• Options
    I disagree - I think this dress will work fine with your original idea.  IMO, the dress doesn't really have to fit in with the "theme", and even if you believe it does I think this is simple enough for your relaxed outdoor wedding.  Just my opinion =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think it will be fine.  You don't need to base your wedding around what your dress looks like.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other girls... You should stand out a little more anyway. My wedding is John Deere-ish...but I still want a beautiful dress that makes me stand out just ever so little!!! I love your dress and think you should go for it... you're the bride...do what you want!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the MAD MEN theme but that's just me. I think that you can have your original idea if you maybe glam it up just a bit. While I agree your dress doesn't have to dictate your theme I think that it should fit in and I think that you can make it work with a little creativity. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just make sure you discuss with your FI what you BOTH want for your wedding. If he wants to do this Mad Men thing but you're not in love with the idea, you should work on compromising what you BOTH want.
  • Options
    I think that is a gorgeous dress and will work just fine with your outdoor feel for your wedding.
  • Options
    Your dress doesn't have to match your wedding "theme". As long as you aren't wearing a full ballgown with sleeve outside in June or a short dress in the dead of winter I think you will be ok :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think it will still work, my dress is similar to this, but different material and I am doing outdoor laid back winth a vintage sorta feel.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is a non-issue, that dress will be perfect for the wedding you already imagined!

I never would have imagined this bride with a beach destination wedding but she looks amazing!

June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    raelionheartraelionheart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs that the dress will be absolutely fine.

I have to admit though that I've had similar issues.  I never realized that I would be so drawn to ballgown dresses!  It works perfectly for the big cathedral style church we're having the ceremony at, but I feel like I can't really wear a ballgown to a casual style reception. 

The hardest part is that I REALLY like casual short BM dresses(NOT satin). But if my girls are wearing cute mismatched tea dresses next to me in my princess gown in a huge ornate church it may look odd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards