New York-New York City

Manhattan City Hall

Hi All!
Trying to help a friend out here. She'd like to get married in City Hall in Manhattan. Anyone ever do this? Seems like everyone that I've asked have gotten married in City Hall in Queens. Please let me know what the process was like. She knows that needs to apply for a license the day before but how about the day of? Were there long lines? What's the latest you can go? Was it a bad or good experience?
I REALLY appreciate the help!
Thank you!!!

Re: Manhattan City Hall

• edited December 2011

Go in with your forms filled out, you can fill them out online they give you a confirmation # online once you complete the application, go to city hall stand on line and get a ticket like the DMV wait to be called to the window, they have your application already that you filled out online in the computer, they ,make you acknoweldge the information is correct, ask you for ID and you pay your fee, the license will follow in the mail... as per wiaiting period.
    Julisa, Mother/Wife.. Soon to be Bride! yippeee Wedding Countdown Ticker November siggy Challenge Reception Venue Photobucket
  • anniebeewedanniebeewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
  • edited December 2011
    We got married there on a Friday in October. Showed up at 12:00ish and waited about an hour or so. The wait was shorter than I expected. Overall, it was a really good experience.
  • foralltime144foralltime144 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    what is a good day to get married there ?? were going to have a wedding there just us 2 then a few close ppl of ours were having a wedding in california with our friends and fam of course but we have always loved NYC for our wedding :) PLEASE HELP also tell me where to eat after shoot us some ideas and cute places where they woont look at us weird w our dress and tux on lol he he :) total of 6 ppl if that  email me if you need to ! ms.espn14@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards